Which one will get updated first. VZW Xoom 4g or VZW G Nexux?

Which VZW Device will be updated first?

• Total voters

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which one will get updated first. VZW Xoom 4g or VZW G Nexux

Well since the Galaxy Nexus already has ICS this poll doesn't really make sense.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

Well since the Galaxy Nexus already has ICS this poll doesn't really make sense.

I'm talking about the 4.0.4 update for the Galaxy Nexus versus ICS on the Xoom. Its been ~ 5.5 months since the last update on the Galaxy Nexux.

It seems like the G Nexus is going to win as VZW has updated the update page with details on the 4.0.4 update.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

I'm talking about the 4.0.4 update for the Galaxy Nexus versus ICS on the Xoom. Its been ~ 5.5 months since the last update on the Galaxy Nexux.

It seems like the G Nexus is going to win as VZW has updated the update page with details on the 4.0.4 update.

Now its a race again....at least for me.

Why oh why did they put the "Check Now" button on the damn software update section if it does nothing???

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The VZW GN roll out has begun, so I'm voting GN ;).

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site

The VZW GN roll out has begun, so I'm voting GN ;).

I'm with you but...

It doesn't appear to be a mass roll out. Seems more like a limited roll out like the one we had several weeks ago with the in store display units getting updated. I don't even know if I'm convinced as there are so few people that have gotten this supposed OTA update.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm with you but...

It doesn't appear to be a mass roll out. Seems more like a limited roll out like the one we had several weeks ago with the in store display units getting updated. I don't even know if I'm convinced as there are so few people that have gotten this supposed OTA update.

I hear ya, this slow, lethargic roll out is an absolute insult (IMO) to VZW customers. Why they think it's a good idea is beyond me, but hey, maybe their (and Google's) servers are based on technology from the 60's.

I've seen plenty of screenshots, although it wouldn't hurt that if everyone who has updated screenshot'd. Updates are of the nature that people get very excited about them very, very quickly lol.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I hear ya, this slow, lethargic roll out is an absolute insult (IMO) to VZW customers. Why they think it's a good idea is beyond me, but hey, maybe their (and Google's) servers are based on technology from the 60's.

I've seen plenty of screenshots, although it wouldn't hurt that if everyone who has updated screenshot'd. Updates are of the nature that people get very excited about them very, very quickly lol.

Here is a screenshot showing 4.0.4. All I would have to do is say "hey I got the update" and you'd never know the difference. Of course, I've seen no updates on either mine or my son's GN.

26885d1338584549-3-clicks-im-4-0-4-screenshot_2012-06-01-16-54-12.jpg

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

The G Nexus won this morning. I finally got the clear data from google services framework thing to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1