Woke up to Jellybean 4.1.1 update

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Cool, looks like the EOS nightly builld I am running on my 4g Xoom is the same kernel.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The process for forcing the update is to go to apps>Google services framework>clear data>force close and then when you check for update it will say last checked 12/31/1969.
just tried that but mine said 1/1/1970 lol, at any rate it said my system is up to date......... sigh

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was sitting at dinner reading the days news when my system prompted me for an update, which my girlfriend said she had been hitting postpone on all day. Getting ready to dig in and see if there are noticeable performance improvements. While typing this, I notice a new spell check system in place. So glad I returned my Verizon xoom way back when for the wifi version.

LAhanger

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You can switch your non-US Xoom to a US version. I got one from amazon and I found out too late that it was an Asian version. I GEDified mine Saturday night and it couldn't have been easier. Got ICS saturday night, now it's downloading JB after I opened it a few minutes ago and there it was waiting!

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Google Now seems to have some interesting potential. I'm curious how dumbed down its been made due to the lawsuit. Definitely some issues with app compatibility. Tapatalk is requiring refreshes to load pages and they aren't loading quickly on my end.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Please help I have the Motorola xoom Wi-Fi only tablet and all of a sudden it won't come on anymore and it's just a little over a year and a half, please help what can I do? I am a female and don't have warranty on it, I hate to throw away a $500. Tablet.:mad:

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Please help I have the Motorola xoom Wi-Fi only tablet and all of a sudden it won't come on anymore and it's just a little over a year and a half, please help what can I do? I am a female and don't have warranty on it, I hate to throw away a $500. Tablet.:mad:

For starters, you would be much more likely to reach a wider audience by creating a new post. But to answer your question to the best of my ability, if its not a charging issue and the xoom just is shot, I'm not sure there is much you can do. There are plenty of nefarious solutions that I'd likely be scolded for throwing out there, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Think outside the box.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
For starters, you would be much more likely to reach a wider audience by creating a new post. But to answer your question to the best of my ability, if its not a charging issue and the xoom just is shot, I'm not sure there is much you can do. There are plenty of nefarious solutions that I'd likely be scolded for throwing out there, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Think outside the box.

Well I have to press the power button along with the up volume button to get the screen to even attempt to come on. And it only comes on half way and shows the Motorola xoom emblem and stays there. The power button won't turn the screen on or off and the tablet started this after the 4.0 update. What should I do?

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You're doing a hard reset by holding the power button and volume buttons. Does the xoom appear to take a charge while on the charger? Is the xoom rooted?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You're doing a hard reset by holding the power button and volume buttons. Does the xoom appear to take a charge while on the charger? Is the xoom rooted?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yes it does take a charge and no it's not rooted. The tablet won't turn on with just the power button pressed. I called Motorola and they was no help because it's out of warranty.

drdavel

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I got my update yesterday evening. Everything went fine until this morning. I did a soft reboot and when the login came back the touchscreen was unresponsive. WiFi and not rooted.:-\

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does take a charge and no it's not rooted. The tablet won't turn on with just the power button pressed. I called Motorola and they was no help because it's out of warranty.

Hold volume up + power to reboot device. 3 seconds AFTER red M appears hit volume down and Android Recovery should show up top left. Hit volume up. In recovery select wipe data factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad