Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bought Xoom LTE from Daily Steals on Thursday Sept 23rd. Anybody's ship yet?

I ordered the Daily Steals Xoom LTE a week ago Thursday the 13th (can't change my wrong title to this post). ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=p-tPF6OD ) Got the confirmation email right after that then nothing since. Order still shows as 'open.' It still hasn't shipped yet. I know they say up to 6 business days, which was yesterday. I emailed them but no response yet.

Anybody order one last Thursday and have it ship yet?

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    Carrier
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Default Re: Bought Xoom LTE from Daily Steals on Thursday Sept 23rd. Anybody's ship yet?

I ordered mine just now. I hope it arrives quickly. I am amazed at how cheap the accessories are for this thing now. Hopefully it will be speedy enough that I won't get aggravated.

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    Carrier
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Default Re: Bought Xoom LTE from Daily Steals on Thursday Sept 23rd. Anybody's ship yet?

I nagged them every day by email since Sunday (3 emails) they responded today with a tracking number.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I too got an email response. Said they were closed most of last week for Rosh Hashanah and would ship it this week. I got the tracking number yesterday.

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    Carrier
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Activity on the Xoom Sub-forum seems to have dwindled quite a bit. Surprising, as its the only Google AOSP 10" tablet.

It seems that the EOS ROM is the most popular, I plan on overclocking to ~1.5 to get the tablet speedy enough for smooth transitions.

Cant wait.

I also picked up a sleeve and some screen protectors.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    Carrier
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

^Let me know how you like that. I do want to get a case at some point. I saw the OEM Motorola version of that and it's ~$5, but I've seen reviews saying it scratches the Xoom. o.O
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That's specifically why I got this one versus the official one. Don't want to scratch the tablet sides. I'll post back how it is one I get the Xoom.

here, let me spoil the surprise for you - they are MOST DEFINITELY used.

I ordered this with some skepticism based on other site reviews I saw. Mine came today, brown box (as expected). I opened it and was immediately suspicious. Sure enough - back of tablet has a pock mark, sides of the tablet are most definitely scratched. No way this would fool anyone thinking it was new. Going to email them now and see what they say. Bastards. Sometimes the Internet is right.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

And you ordered the 'new' LTE one from two weeks ago, not the 'refurbished WiFi' one from a month or so ago?

Steve, that is correct. Ordered the day this deal was like on the 13th. I specifically ordered that one because it was 'new'. There is no doubt from looking at this thing for 3 seconds that it is obviously used.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreykmc View Post
    Steve, that is correct. Ordered the day this deal was like on the 13th. I specifically ordered that one because it was 'new'. There is no doubt from looking at this thing for 3 seconds that it is obviously used.
    Sigh....

OK, please update us to let us know what they say. Mine's not due to be delivered until Friday.

Will do. I re-checked the listing from above JUST to make sure I read everything correctly when it was live and certainly I/we did. Interested to see what they say, considering it is listed as new and this one definitely is not. Not even close. If it was close, maybe I could deal.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreykmc View Post
    Will do. I re-checked the listing from above JUST to make sure I read everything correctly when it was live and certainly I/we did. Interested to see what they say, considering it is listed as new and this one definitely is not. Not even close. If it was close, maybe I could deal.
    I too just checked the ad to make sure they didn't change it from 'new' and 'white box.' Let's hope they're cool.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I found this on Ebay also from Daily Steals. Motorola Xoom 32GB WiFi + 4G LTE MZ602 Verizon 10.1" Tablet +Dock w/ 3.5mm & Mic 723755811379 | eBay

I'm hoping the ones we bought were different than the ones they're selling on their site two weeks ago since they say in their current ebay ad they're 'manufacturer refurbished.'

I'm not going to assume anything, but I bet they got our 'new' ad wrong.

That is my guess, but they are distinct offers. Lets hope they make good.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I just got mine. Came in a UPS shipping box with the brown box inside. In the box was the tablet and power cord. That's it. No docs, no getting started guide. Tab was covered with kind of a sketchy plastic adhesive screen/back covers. Definitely didn't look new. .

But, it is clean on the exterior. Not saying it's brand new (I doubt it) but mine looks good enough that I'm not going to argue or complain. That said, I haven't powered it up yet as I'm charging first.

Any word from DS about yours?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I received mine yesterday. It was also in a UPS box with a brown box inside. Mine had the power cord, tablet and a usb cable. Had the sticky film all on it. Mine looks new and when i turned it on, I went thru 3-4 updates. It did a couple incremental updates to honeycomb OS and then updated to ICS.

BTW......hopefully us new LTE owners will see Jelly Bean soon. Rumor was that Verizon signed off on the offical update, just a matter of when they push it out. If you root, you can install this JB OS now on your own. Its on XDA-Developers.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I have set the tab up after the ICS updates. Works fine. Put my Verizon LTE SIM card in from my thunderbolt and the 4g worked great. Happy so far...

to update, they asked first that I send pictures... so i did. i received a reply back today that offered a full refund, which I am going to take them up on. So I guess we will see how this goes.

i was actually surprised to be offered a refund, but i will take it. i am glad it worked out for everyone else in this thread. seems like i just was unlucky this go around. mine also had the tacky coverings, but the body was definitely well used.

mine seemed in pretty good condition too, theres a minor scratch or two on the side, but everything else is perfect so far. loving it! only one draw back though, no sim card tray. anyone know a way to put one in without it?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by quantumiq View Post
    only one draw back though, no sim card tray. anyone know a way to put one in without it?
    There really isn't as the sim card is held in the tray itself. Maybe go to a Verizon store and see if they have one?

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    Carrier
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Mine is in good shape. It had the SIM tray and I activated it on Verizon...works well enough. I unlocked/rooted and installed EOS JB 3.0 (Stable) and it works pretty good. With NOVA Prime, I am pretty happy.

I wish it was a bit quicker to plow past the lag but eh, such is life on Android, such is life on a $200 tablet.

Productivity > Pretty
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Mine is in good shape. It had the SIM tray and I activated it on Verizon...works well enough. I unlocked/rooted and installed EOS JB 3.0 (Stable) and it works pretty good. With NOVA Prime, I am pretty happy.

I wish it was a bit quicker to plow past the lag but eh, such is life on Android, such is life on a $200 tablet.

Productivity > Pretty
    Weird. I tried the EOS JB and it wouldn't unlock. Installed fine after rooting but even two downloads and installs of the current 142 and 140 wouldn't unlock. So now am trying the cyanomod 10 port to see how it works. A bit laggy still even with jb but for $250, I'm not upset at all. Its not a $700 iPad.

Global Posts
    1,039 Global Posts
    Carrier
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0617 View Post
    Weird. I tried the EOS JB and it wouldn't unlock. Installed fine after rooting but even two downloads and installs of the current 142 and 140 wouldn't unlock. So now am trying the cyanomod 10 port to see how it works. A bit laggy still even with jb but for $250, I'm not upset at all. Its not a $700 iPad.
    You have to have the Sim card in for it to unlock on the first boot. It's a weird bug I know. I flashed it a few times before I figured that out.

I went into Verizon, got a Sim and it unlocked just fine.

I've decided the little lag and quirks of Android are worth the functionality.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast