- 2 Posts
Replacing Cracked Xoom Screen
The screen on my beloved Xoom has cracked. I'm torn between a nexus7 or replacing the screen on my xoom. If i can source the part for ~$50 I'm thinking of attempting the fix. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference in the screen digitizer between the wifi & verizon models? (I have the wifi)
- 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM #2
Re: Replacing Cracked Xoom Screen
From what I understand, the digitizer is universal, however, make sure that you are receiving the digitizer and the screen.
The thing you need to do is figure whether the Xoom at 10" and expandable memory is good after fixed, compared to 7" and non-expandable (of course with rumors of them coming out with much larger capacity, this may not be an issue).
I just replaced my LCD screen. I went through the same thoughts. I decided to repair and go with 10" tablet with expandable memory, rather than go to the 7" without.
hope this helps.
- By flogger11 in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 12Last Post: 08-04-2012, 03:22 PM
- By Cyper in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 3Last Post: 08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
- By greydarrah in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
- By narissa in forum Android AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
- By signey11 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 11Last Post: 03-08-2010, 03:49 PM