Password locked screen

andxoomy

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This is very strange! I put my Xoom down to go to the washroom and when i came back a few minutes later for some unknown reason, i needed a password to get back to my home screen. I have never set up a password, i always used swipe to get in. What happened? Why did my Xoom decide to go to a password? Luckly for me i was able to get in, i just used the same password i use for my email account and for some reason it worked. I don't see an option to go back to swipe in the settings either but i've yet to do some more digging around. For now i set the time for password lockout to 30 minutes so i don't have to put a password in every time i put it down for a second but now that setting isn't working either and now i do have to use a password every time the screen go's dark, very annoying! Anyone else had this problem?

Update :
I was able to figure out how to change back so i no longer need to do the password thing but still it was very weird that one was spontaneously required in the first place!

Last edited:

ilovetheflbeach

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
How did you change is back? The same thing happened to me and my husband had to to find some files (basically a hard reset). Had to connect thru my PC.