Xoom to N10

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else considering upgrading their Xoom to a Nexus 10 when they are released? If so what are your plans for your Xoom afterwards?

I am hoping to upgrade sometime in Dec, and my Xoom will probably go to my wife or one of the kids.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Looking at getting the Nexus 10 and giving the Xoom to my grandkids, it's still a great tablet.
Update: got the Nexus 10 and love it.

Last edited:

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
samsung lost me when they put out the original galaxy tab...will never get another samsung tablet or phone

CMercs

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My plan was to buy the Nexus 10 and use the Xoom as a coffee table tablet with a dummy "Guest" gmail account and maybe a magazine subscription or two. I was looking forward to the multi-user support on it.

I'm pissed because the only reason to not support it is $$. Nothing else makes sense. I was going to buy an N10 anyway, why not continue to support a device that works. I expected more than 18 months of software updates on this device... I expected to get updated until the hardware could no longer take it...

Booo to Google.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would if I had the money, but went smaller this time. Bought a Nexus 7 32gb, selling my Xoom to someone. Nexus is still a nice size, but much more portable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My plan was to buy the Nexus 10 and use the Xoom as a coffee table tablet with a dummy "Guest" gmail account and maybe a magazine subscription or two. I was looking forward to the multi-user support on it.

I'm pissed because the only reason to not support it is $$. Nothing else makes sense. I was going to buy an N10 anyway, why not continue to support a device that works. I expected more than 18 months of software updates on this device... I expected to get updated until the hardware could no longer take it...

Booo to Google.

I don't think there is room to complain, considering the fact that the Xoom got updated from Honeycomb up to Jellybean. Most tablets are still on ICS, and that's all they'll get. Hell, some tablets may not get Jellybean even if you're rooted. At this point in the game, the number of people using the Xoom isn't increasing. The only units being sold are all refurbished, meaning that it's not being made anymore. Its a great tab, did everything I wanted it to when I had it. I'd say money is a good reason to stop supporting it. You were going to buy a Nexus 10 anyway lol. That statement alone justifies why Google released a Nexus 10 ;)

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested but I would like one with 3G or even LTE. I sold my Prime and kept my Xoom because it has LTE. I also really like the speaker charging dock, works very well as my alarm clock. I have not seen any other Tablets with this type of accessory.

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01