Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OlReagan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Default Motorola Xoom officially left behind, won't be updated past Android 4.1.2

Nexus S and Motorola Xoom won't get latest Android 4.2, will remain on 4.1.2 | The Verge

Google's second phone from the program, the Samsung-made Nexus S, as well as the Motorola Xoom tablet, will not be upgraded to the latest version of Jelly Bean, Android 4.2. The news was announced by Android Open Source Project technical lead Jean-Baptiste Queru, who said that the two devices will be left on Android 4.1.2.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Motorola Xoom officially left behind, won't be updated past Android 4.1.2

Guess I'm finally going to have to root my Xoom....

sent from a Nexus, nothing less will do...

Default Re: Motorola Xoom officially left behind, won't be updated past Android 4.1.2

Do any clear instructions exist on how to root the WIFI version?

E

Well now that there is an official Nexus 10" tablet the Xoom is no longer the 'favorite' 10" tablet of Google. I didn't wanna admit it til I saw that article but I knew Nexus 10 would mean the end of the Xoom being the anointed 10" tablet

Good thing I was already planning to upgrade to a Nexus 10 anyway.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

But my Xoom is still great. I'm going to finally have to root too.. I can't believe what a great tab it has been and continues to be. (btw, I have the LTE version)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

yeah, sucks, but not really that devastating. I've been wanting to root since they messed around with flash anyway. The resolution of the nexus 10 is enticing but no SD card is just really frustrating and unfortunately seems to be a trend now.
    The Hustleman likes this.

Anyone know when the LTE version will receive 4.1+?

Well this sucks. I will root and install 4.2 on my LTE xoom to hopefully get another year out of it since it does everything that I want it too.

Does anyone know some good root instructions for xoom wifi thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eblackman View Post
    Search LordAIOTool. I'm not sure about posting links here...

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eblackman View Post
    there's a universal one over on xda that I used to root mine.

I dont know whether to be happy or sad at this point. ICS is running great on mine, but I just came back to Android after a while. If I get 4.1 I will accept it and be happy.