Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got Xoom from my pawnshop...has some issues.

Hi, I manage a pawnshop and we got this Xoom tablet. A customer payed for it and then returned it saying it could not be hooked up through Verizon for being lost/stolen. So we let him return it. I got it off my boss for $70 thinking I could just use it as a Wifi tablet, it worked ok for a while. I turned the data off and it was all good till I downloaded this game Zenonia 5 and then it started locking up and freezing on me a lot. Its running droid 4.0.4 and says its up to date. So I would like to know if it being locked out is causing any problems with it and also if I could somehow get this game to run well again. It will freeze a ton and even after I close the game for a while the tablet will freeze up. I did a factory reset and that seemed to fix the problem a bit. It still freezes up once in a while but its not too bad I guess...It was a 3g/wifi one i think a x600 its called. Anyway any help would be awesome.

Default Re: Got Xoom from my pawnshop...has some issues.

It should still function fine as a WIFI only tablet. Only thing I can recommend is uninstall the game in question and see if things improve.

It is possible the game your trying out isn't updated to run on Android 4.0.4 and causes things to be a bit glitchy...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Got Xoom from my pawnshop...has some issues.

Could or would it be possible to update my android os? I checked for updates past 4.0.4 and it says I'm up to date. It also does this with zenonia 4, I thought with an older version of the game it might work, but no...thanks for the help.