soak test emails just went out

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It's about bloody well time! Does that mean I can expect it ota for late next week?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
late next week or the week after, the test has not started yet, just saying it will and if you want in to signup

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you think Xooms without a VZW service plan will get updated? I dropped my plan back in Feb, but still use it with WiFi.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App
Yes, all LTE Xooms will get the update including those not on a VZW plan......like mine. :)

oldblue910

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm anxiously awaiting someone participating in the soak test to pull the OTA URL from logcat so we can update. This has been a long time coming. Ice Cream Sandwich runs OK, but after using the stock Jelly Bean ROM on a WiFi Xoom, it's as if Jelly Bean almost turned the Xoom into a new device. Can't wait to finally get it. 10 months since WiFi got 4.1.1/JRO03H and 7 months since it got 4.1.2/JZO54K. I wonder if this will be JZO54K like the WiFi Xoom, WiFi Nexus 7 and GSM Galaxy Nexus, or if it'll be a new build of 4.1.2 that we haven't seen yet (maybe like JZO54M, JZO54R, something like that). I guess we'll see!

Last edited:

oldblue910

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
As an update, it looks like the Verizon Xoom will be getting 4.1.2 and the build is JZO54L. According to the most recent AOSP tags, JZO54L is android-4.1.2_r2. According to changelogs, there really isn't much different between JZO54K and JZO54L outside of a few Xoom-specific changes made by someone at Motorola back in February. Here's hoping the soak test and public OTA happen soon!

Sources:

JZO54K (4.1.2_r1) to JZO54L (4.1.2_r2) AOSP changelog. Hosted by Funky Android Ltd.

https://android.googlesource.com/device/moto/stingray/+/android-4.1.2_r2