Verizon XOOM 4G LTE getting Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good to know. I always see refurbished units on sale for pretty cheap on daily deal sites like Icemonkey.com or Dailysteals.com. A little more tempting now that it's getting 4.2!

fvineyard

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this the soak test or is this deployment for the general public?

Frank

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
got mine this morning, didnt have a notice but i went to google framework and cleared cache. 91.7mb file...or was it 97.1??? either way

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
got the update this morning. Now what? Is there a change log somewhere? I'm not sue what all the excitement was about...

Posted from my LTE Xoom via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
got the update this morning. Now what? Is there a change log somewhere? I'm not sue what all the excitement was about...

Posted from my LTE Xoom via Android Central App

Isn't it an upgrade from ICS to Jellybean? That's a pretty big deal, I'd think.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
It is ICS to Jelly Bean. The only change I see is the addition of Google now. Does anybody know of any other big changes?

Posted via Android Central App

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems that mine also now has the "upgraded" Google Maps - making at least that valuable app less usable than before.

Also, whereas a mere touch at the edge of the screen (in landscape mode) would page to the next screen over, this now seems to no longer work for me, requiring a swipe of nearly have the width of the screen to move over to the next one.

I've also seemed to have lost the delete "X" from the bottom right of the notifications menu. My Jelly Bean powered Razr M can still clear the notifications via the "X". Why is this functionality lost on my Xoom?

Billy Brackeen

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Found an issue. When I have my Bluetooth mouse paired, its now treating it like a keyboard too, so when I click a field, I have no virtual keyboard. When I click the keyboard and turn off "Use Physical Keyboard", it still doesn't work, and when I look at that setting again, its turned back on.

So there is no way to disable the physical keyboard. Bummer.