I don't know if anyone monitors this thread anymore, but I'll give it a try . . .
My google account got hacked and I went through the process of checking and changing everything as per their instructions. I also ran av and malware programs to clean my laptop and then reset my passwords again. After a few days my account was hacked again and my password changed . . . since I cleaned my laptop, and since the original intrusion occurred while checking gmail on my xoom, is it possible that the malware resides on my xoom and it got my new password from when I logged on with it? If so would restoring my xoom to factory setting nuke this problem?
Thanks for any help/advice
- 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM #2
Re: Little Help?
No I don't . . I guess I always heard they weren't very useful . . I have always been pretty good at sniffing out bogus emails but I let my guard down and fell for opening this one . . Do you recommend one? I think I may just nuke it anyway but have to figure out how to save my pics first, everything else I should just be able to reload I'm guessing
- 10-09-2013, 09:57 AM #4
- 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM #6
- By Arrowhead123 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 12-26-2013, 01:32 PM
- By PHONERESTORer in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 10-12-2013, 01:56 AM
- By longtime44 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM
- By xnaveedhassan in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2013, 05:52 PM
- By Michael Harris7 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 10-09-2013, 12:17 PM