Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By SactoKingsFan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I rootd my device, & accidently deleted operating system, now won't even turn on?

I can connect it to my computer, but there are no files..
    I'm not sure if it just won't turn on or there's just no screen whatsoever..
    Is there anything I can do to fix it??

Default Re: I rootd my device, & accidently deleted operating system, now won't even turn on?

If you can connect to your computer, then there's hope. Why don't you try flashing the stock ROM? In any case it seems all of your data is already gone, anyway...
    Thanked by:
    esistmeinteil likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I rootd my device, & accidently deleted operating system, now won't even turn on?

I'm only mildly technologically-literate. can you explain what 'flashing the stock ROM' is?

Flashing is putting a version of Android to your device. You need to download the stock ROM (Android OS) or custom ROM (aftermarket) on a computer so you can put the ROM zip file on your phone. Once the ROM file is on your phone you can install the ROM from recovery. You should read up on flashing ROMs for your specific device so you don't brick the phone.
    Thanked by:
    esistmeinteil likes this.

Since you mention you rooted your phone, I'd go to that same guide. Usually they involve steps to root AND flash a Custom ROM, but in this case, if you don't want to try anything different than what came with your phone, you could download the original software.

Or, if Motorola offers a PC Client (I know Samsung does with Kies, but not sure if Moto has something similar) you could find a Recovery option and it will automatically download the software and re-flash it to your phone. I do believe, however, this would lose you root access and you would have to try again.
    Thanked by:

Default accidently deleted operating system, now won't even turn on?

can any one help me out give me links or tell me where I can find the downloads I need