Can I go all Mobile with Moto Tab?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I just looked at the iPad and was told by their rep that I had to have a internet connection and a desktop to get updates and sync with whatever. I want to get rid of my desktop and internet connection and get a Moto Tab and be completely mobile with 3G service and wifi. Do I have to have a desktop and internet connection to use the Moto like the iPad to get updates or is everything OTA? I assume that I will be able to print to a wireless printer with the MOTO TAb.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just looked at the iPad and was told by their rep that I had to have a internet connection and a desktop to get updates and sync with whatever. I want to get rid of my desktop and internet connection and get a Moto Tab and be completely mobile with 3G service and wifi. Do I have to have a desktop and internet connection to use the Moto like the iPad to get updates or is everything OTA? I assume that I will be able to print to a wireless printer with the MOTO TAb.

Well since the product is not out yet we dont know what the limitations will be but in a perfect Android world you shouldn't really need a computer, there are over the air updates, and online backups like Drop box... but it also depends on what you want to do with the device, if you are a regular user not looking to hack or manipulate the UI then you may get away without using a computer,,,but again we dont know yet what it can do

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This is all going to depend on Honeycomb, I think. The biggest question is how much more will we be able to do with Honeycomb than we currently have with current Android tablets (which if anything else, are being limited by the software). A lot of these questions will be answered at CES.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think with the power of the Tegra 2, honeycomb and all the new fun APIs, processing power, ddr2 RAM, and 32GB of flash memory you'll have a good start.