Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default the Xoom has arrived

http://www.androidcentral.com/introd...ndroid+Central)

Let's talk about it! I am very much looking forward to this thing. Can't wait to learn more about Honeycomb.

also cant wait for a hands on from AC

edit: and right after i posted...http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-motorola-xoom
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I'm freaking out, Q1 2011 is right now and my birthday is in April, perfect!

This thing looks great - I was watching the tablet evolution video by Moto all weekend.

One little snag is I just wonder about the off contract pricing, I don't need another monthly bill but I need this tablet!

YouTube <3 for the Xoom:

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

As of now I am 95% sure that I am going to buy this. Unfortunately I just don't see how this can cost anything less than at the very least $600 and frankly I'm expecting it to be $700 dollars.

The worst part is that I'm with Sprint so Verizon will be an added cost, though I still haven't ruled out just tethering it to my phone and buying it straight out.

I will go ahead and guess the pricing will be competitive. The iPad ranges from 500 to 830. The galaxy S tab (granted, it is smaller) is 600/400 (which i think is too much). VZW i believe just dropped the price to 500 off contract, and thats what healthy competition does. With all of these tablets, I'm assuming we will see them start at the $500 range. Prices of cell phones (weather Evo, iPhone, Droid 2, etc) are all around 200 on contract. My guess is 500 for the 32, 600 for the 64. (The upgrade to 4g will be 50$ - that is my wild card guess).

P.S. I am definitely replacing my iPad with this.

Never been a fan of tablets but this is now a must have.

I too hope there is a WiFi only version. I have enough contracts. Besides, tetheringto my new LTE phone will be bliss.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

I am in love with this tablet. Currently running an X and it needs a friend, but the one thing I like about apple is when they launch a product they tell you how much it will cost, and you buy it immediately. I think this lacking details hurt Moto and VZW a bit.
    "I'm not anti-you, I'm just Pro-me"

ROM
    None

I really hoping for a 500$ off contract price. The Galaxy Tab was way overpriced, and even with the price dropped to 499 off contract, it still is, IMO.

Hopefully Verizon has learned their lesson.
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i could deal with $500 off contract. of course, since thats a price i would easily pay, itll come out at $600, and ill have a decision to make
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

What's this upgradeable to 4G Q2 does that mean a software update or a 4G version coming out?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/m...ined-by-unann/
    HTC Rezound, IPad2, and Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

I wonder if its able to port honey to touch screen pc's like the hp ? Wouldn't that be awesome
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This thing is going to be by far my most anticipated Tablet yet. I'm not disappointed with the whole "upgradeable" LTE thing -- I think that's the right move anyway, seeing as how LTE won't be available to everyone who may want this thing anyway.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    This thing is going to be by far my most anticipated Tablet yet. I'm not disappointed with the whole "upgradeable" LTE thing -- I think that's the right move anyway, seeing as how LTE won't be available to everyone who may want this thing anyway.
    I'm trying to tell myself to wait and see what else comes out but I don't think I'll be able to, in fact if VZW opens early when they release it, I'll be there. I just hope it's after I get my tax return back - I think I'm going off contract with this bad boy. (just easier to resell and no worry about another bill).

Yeah. As it is I am finding it very hard to want to ever sign another contract. Especially with the rumored change to verizons upgrade policy. 1 year contract with phones tops, and there is 0 chance I would use a contract for 3g on a tablet.
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

I hope it is Pure Google! If it is Vanilla I will probably get it but if it isn't ill just go with the G-Slate

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It appears to be pure Honeycomb right now, but I'm still skeptical.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Hey chris, was i just dreaming while listening to the podcast this morning or did phil say that honeycomb is strictly tablet?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just told someone else in another forum that it's not just for tablets, but I'll have to go back and do some research now because I've gotten a few emails about it now.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I just told someone else in another forum that it's not just for tablets, but I'll have to go back and do some research now because I've gotten a few emails about it now.
    yeah i heard it from phil this morning on the podcast part 1
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

So it is supposed to be pure Honeycomb. Is that the same as saying pure Google. If it is I will definitely get it. But I will still wait for the G-Slate.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    So it is supposed to be pure Honeycomb. Is that the same as saying pure Google. If it is I will definitely get it. But I will still wait for the G-Slate.
    If it's pure Honeycomb, it's exactly the same as saying pure Google, Vanilla, Stock, whatever you wanna call it

Thanked by:
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

If it's pure Honeycomb, it's exactly the same as saying pure Google, Vanilla, Stock, whatever you wanna call it
    Okay thanks. Well I will still wait for the G-Slate because I want to buy the tablet out right. I don't do 2yr contracts. I will probably just use wi-fi. I am still skeptical about the Xoom tablet. Is it supposed to be like a Nexus Tablet. This is what it seems like to me if they said this is the tablet they built Honeycomb on.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A lot of people are referring to this as Nexus-like for Tablets, but I'm still skeptical on it being completely stock for now. I want to see a little more before I make any decisions on that.

Thanked by:
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

A lot of people are referring to this as Nexus-like for Tablets, but I'm still skeptical on it being completely stock for now. I want to see a little more before I make any decisions on that.
    Ya that is exactly how I see it. Thanks for helping me out. I am the same way, I still want to see more.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

in fairness though, since honeycomb is a tablet OS, we dont really know whether or not it will be "stock" honeycomb, given that this is the first device that is using it

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That's a good point -- I didn't think of it that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast