01-16-2011 02:13 AM
34 12
tools
    http://www.androidcentral.com/introd...ndroid+Central)

Let's talk about it! I am very much looking forward to this thing. Can't wait to learn more about Honeycomb.

also cant wait for a hands on from AC

edit: and right after i posted...http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-motorola-xoom
    01-05-2011 08:18 PM
    I'm freaking out, Q1 2011 is right now and my birthday is in April, perfect!

This thing looks great - I was watching the tablet evolution video by Moto all weekend.

One little snag is I just wonder about the off contract pricing, I don't need another monthly bill but I need this tablet!

YouTube <3 for the Xoom:

01-05-2011 08:53 PM
    As of now I am 95% sure that I am going to buy this. Unfortunately I just don't see how this can cost anything less than at the very least $600 and frankly I'm expecting it to be $700 dollars.

The worst part is that I'm with Sprint so Verizon will be an added cost, though I still haven't ruled out just tethering it to my phone and buying it straight out.
    01-06-2011 12:17 AM
    I will go ahead and guess the pricing will be competitive. The iPad ranges from 500 to 830. The galaxy S tab (granted, it is smaller) is 600/400 (which i think is too much). VZW i believe just dropped the price to 500 off contract, and thats what healthy competition does. With all of these tablets, I'm assuming we will see them start at the $500 range. Prices of cell phones (weather Evo, iPhone, Droid 2, etc) are all around 200 on contract. My guess is 500 for the 32, 600 for the 64. (The upgrade to 4g will be 50$ - that is my wild card guess).

P.S. I am definitely replacing my iPad with this.
    01-06-2011 08:28 AM
    Never been a fan of tablets but this is now a must have.

I too hope there is a WiFi only version. I have enough contracts. Besides, tetheringto my new LTE phone will be bliss.
    01-06-2011 08:52 AM
    I am in love with this tablet. Currently running an X and it needs a friend, but the one thing I like about apple is when they launch a product they tell you how much it will cost, and you buy it immediately. I think this lacking details hurt Moto and VZW a bit.
    01-06-2011 12:16 PM
    I really hoping for a 500$ off contract price. The Galaxy Tab was way overpriced, and even with the price dropped to 499 off contract, it still is, IMO.

Hopefully Verizon has learned their lesson.
    01-06-2011 01:24 PM
    i could deal with $500 off contract. of course, since thats a price i would easily pay, itll come out at $600, and ill have a decision to make
    01-06-2011 08:39 PM
    What's this upgradeable to 4G Q2 does that mean a software update or a 4G version coming out?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/m...ined-by-unann/
    01-06-2011 08:55 PM
    I wonder if its able to port honey to touch screen pc's like the hp ? Wouldn't that be awesome
    01-06-2011 10:02 PM
    This thing is going to be by far my most anticipated Tablet yet. I'm not disappointed with the whole "upgradeable" LTE thing -- I think that's the right move anyway, seeing as how LTE won't be available to everyone who may want this thing anyway.
    01-06-2011 10:39 PM
    This thing is going to be by far my most anticipated Tablet yet. I'm not disappointed with the whole "upgradeable" LTE thing -- I think that's the right move anyway, seeing as how LTE won't be available to everyone who may want this thing anyway.
    I'm trying to tell myself to wait and see what else comes out but I don't think I'll be able to, in fact if VZW opens early when they release it, I'll be there. I just hope it's after I get my tax return back - I think I'm going off contract with this bad boy. (just easier to resell and no worry about another bill).
    01-06-2011 10:47 PM
    Yeah. As it is I am finding it very hard to want to ever sign another contract. Especially with the rumored change to verizons upgrade policy. 1 year contract with phones tops, and there is 0 chance I would use a contract for 3g on a tablet.
    01-07-2011 01:14 AM
    I hope it is Pure Google! If it is Vanilla I will probably get it but if it isn't ill just go with the G-Slate
    01-07-2011 04:06 AM
    It appears to be pure Honeycomb right now, but I'm still skeptical.
    01-07-2011 08:07 PM
    Hey chris, was i just dreaming while listening to the podcast this morning or did phil say that honeycomb is strictly tablet?
    01-07-2011 08:10 PM
    I just told someone else in another forum that it's not just for tablets, but I'll have to go back and do some research now because I've gotten a few emails about it now.
    01-07-2011 08:28 PM
    I just told someone else in another forum that it's not just for tablets, but I'll have to go back and do some research now because I've gotten a few emails about it now.
    yeah i heard it from phil this morning on the podcast part 1
    01-07-2011 08:30 PM
    So it is supposed to be pure Honeycomb. Is that the same as saying pure Google. If it is I will definitely get it. But I will still wait for the G-Slate.
    01-07-2011 08:35 PM
    So it is supposed to be pure Honeycomb. Is that the same as saying pure Google. If it is I will definitely get it. But I will still wait for the G-Slate.
    If it's pure Honeycomb, it's exactly the same as saying pure Google, Vanilla, Stock, whatever you wanna call it
    Baconator likes this.
    01-07-2011 08:42 PM
    If it's pure Honeycomb, it's exactly the same as saying pure Google, Vanilla, Stock, whatever you wanna call it
    Okay thanks. Well I will still wait for the G-Slate because I want to buy the tablet out right. I don't do 2yr contracts. I will probably just use wi-fi. I am still skeptical about the Xoom tablet. Is it supposed to be like a Nexus Tablet. This is what it seems like to me if they said this is the tablet they built Honeycomb on.
    01-07-2011 08:57 PM
    A lot of people are referring to this as Nexus-like for Tablets, but I'm still skeptical on it being completely stock for now. I want to see a little more before I make any decisions on that.
    Baconator likes this.
    01-07-2011 09:05 PM
    A lot of people are referring to this as Nexus-like for Tablets, but I'm still skeptical on it being completely stock for now. I want to see a little more before I make any decisions on that.
    Ya that is exactly how I see it. Thanks for helping me out. I am the same way, I still want to see more.
    01-07-2011 09:12 PM
    in fairness though, since honeycomb is a tablet OS, we dont really know whether or not it will be "stock" honeycomb, given that this is the first device that is using it
    01-07-2011 10:05 PM
    That's a good point -- I didn't think of it that way.
    01-07-2011 10:10 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD