Interaction

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody found out if the Xoom interacts with Android phones like The Playbook and the HP Touchpad do withe their respective phones ?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about this and don't remember reading anything about it. I wonder if the Samsung 10.1 and their NFC equipped handsets will have any tricks up their sleeves.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe they do, but I don't know of anything particularly miraculous about either the Playbook or TouchPad that makes them able to do so. In short, I don't know why this couldn't be done in Android.

But, nevertheless, if the TouchPad and Pre 3 were available next week, I'd be getting those. They're not, of course, and so I'm not. No way would I wait until some undefined time in the summer for a feature that may or may not work as described.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That kind of interaction is thanks to the Touchstone charging/communication tech HP/Palm is using. Maybe it could be done with NFC but I don't think any of the Android tablets announced so far have NFC chips.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe they do, but I don't know of anything particularly miraculous about either the Playbook or TouchPad that makes them able to do so. In short, I don't know why this couldn't be done in Android.

But, nevertheless, if the TouchPad and Pre 3 were available next week, I'd be getting those. They're not, of course, and so I'm not. No way would I wait until some undefined time in the summer for a feature that may or may not work as described.
You really need to watch the TouchPad video from HP !! everything available on the phone is accesible from the pad even answering phone calls & texts. Once you get home just plop the Pre on the touchstone and pick up the TouchPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKCZZLjEB8k&feature=fvsr

Last edited:

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
That was a good video. I like the features. And the way to use the tiles to organize your work.
I personally have the iPad and thought Apple would have something like this even though I won't buy an iPhone ever. The idea of putting my phone on the charger when I get home and picking up the pad which has full access to the phone makes sense to me.