Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pre-ordered my Xoom an hour ago..

I grabbed the last one! I almost decided to wait until tomorrow but I am glad I got in when I did. This is the first time I pre-ordered anything from Best Buy so I didn't know how they went about things. You pay 50 dollars and they put it in a gift card. That reserves your Xoom. You can save the gift card and apply it to the Xoom on Thursday or you can freely spend it in the store (which is what they sort of encouraged me to do, which I didn't). My store did have a display unit and the sales rep refused to let me see it. I asked her if she had hands on time with it and she said she did but it was very brief. She went on to say "The Xoom blows the current available tablets out of the water" and that "it is hands down by far better than the iPad, you'll love it I guarantee it"

I am STOKED!

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

The best buy salesman I pre ordered from said motorola had brought a demo unit in earlier this week for the employees to mess around with. I said how did you like it. And he said "Let's put it this way I dropped my ipad and cracked the screen". Haha I can't wait to get this tablet this will be the longest 4 days ever!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Lol. I have a confession to make. Yesterday I was on my iPad (10 days old) and I was browing the web. I came across article after article about the Xoom and before I knew it, the iPad was restored and taken back. Full refund in hand with no restocking fee. All that money is going back in to fund the Xoom.

I was the first person at my local best buy. im super excited about this! A few employees were impressed they had a pre-order so soon (only 10 minutes after they opened)

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Lol. I have a confession to make. Yesterday I was on my iPad (10 days old) and I was browing the web. I came across article after article about the Xoom and before I knew it, the iPad was restored and taken back. Full refund in hand with no restocking fee. All that money is going back in to fund the Xoom.
    Im sure you not the only one who will be returning their ipad. Xoom rules.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

I just called both of my local best buy locations and the first store told me he didn't think they was taking pre orders yet and the second store told me they was not taking them yet! this is recidulous!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JZambrano View Post
    I was the first person at my local best buy. im super excited about this! A few employees were impressed they had a pre-order so soon (only 10 minutes after they opened)
    My store rep said she had 4 at opening this morning and had more people trickle in through the morning. As I was finishing up another guy came in wanting to preorder and she was calling other stores to see if they had any left. I live in a smaller city and really didnt think these would be a hot ticket.

im surprised there werent more people at my BB. I live in a fairly populated area, I guess I just got there early. =p Im sure they've had plenty by now. I did my pre-order 5 hours ago.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Not sure if my store had a limit. I was the 4th the guy said. Nobody in front or after me. Was open for 2 hours when I got mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I went into my best buy around 1130 this morning To preorder , he said i was the first to preorder, and that they are only getting 5. I asked if he can check other stores, he checked other bb's and pasadenas inventory was only 10 .. I live in victorville and surprised it hasn't been swooped on yet

Swyped! On "droooiid X!"

I'm a little worried. I just went to my local best buy and they had no idea on how to take a pre order for the xoom and after they read some paper they took my pre order.

What I'm worried about is that they didn't put my name on any list. They just took my name and number and gave me the receipt with the gift card. They told me they would call me when they had the xoom ready for pick up. I remember with the evo I had to fill out some paper and was put on some list and I was a certain number. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I bought my 18 year old son a 16gb wifi iPad last Friday I know he's gonna wanna trade me.... I just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Station2 View Post
    I went into my best buy around 1130 this morning To preorder , he said i was the first to preorder, and that they are only getting 5. I asked if he can check other stores, he checked other bb's and pasadenas inventory was only 10 .. I live in victorville and surprised it hasn't been swooped on yet

Swyped! On "droooiid X!"

My sales rep said they didn't know how many they were getting...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by idesofmarch View Post
    I'm a little worried. I just went to my local best buy and they had no idea on how to take a pre order for the xoom and after they read some paper they took my pre order.

What I'm worried about is that they didn't put my name on any list. They just took my name and number and gave me the receipt with the gift card. They told me they would call me when they had the xoom ready for pick up. I remember with the evo I had to fill out some paper and was put on some list and I was a certain number. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't be worried. At my store they took a copy of my my preorder paperwork and it was filed. My guess is that you didn't see that go down at your store.
    Thanked by:

got mine done just now. Was quick and easy...just want thursday to hurry and get here.
    Thanked by:
    Arun01 

i went to the store 2 hrs after they opened an I was the first preorder, I went to a VZW store first, the lady said "i have no idea when we will get it we dont know anything about the release yet" *Smirk*. I said okay, she then went on saying I can take your name and number, so she took my name and number. I went to Bestbuy and preordered when i left my cell was ringing and it was the VZW Rep telling me they will have it Thursday I said Oh? Ookay... can you call me when you get it in? She said I will be the first one she calls!

Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    i went to the store 2 hrs after they opened an I was the first preorder, I went to a VZW store first, the lady said "i have no idea when we will get it we dont know anything about the release yet" *Smirk*. I said okay, she then went on saying I can take your name and number, so she took my name and number. I went to Bestbuy and preordered when i left my cell was ringing and it was the VZW Rep telling me they will have it Thursday I said Oh? Ookay... can you call me when you get it in? She said I will be the first one she calls!

My sales rep said pretty much the same thing "yea we can hold one for you, and call you when it comes in. We just don't know for sure when that will be." I was ok with this at first then the more I thought about it the more I started thinking.... What if that store doesn't get any on Thursday. That's why I went to bb and prepaid for mine.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I went to my local best buy around noon time and I was the first one and the only one to even ask about it. The one guy I talked to said nope they weren't doing pre-orders yet, but the hot female sales person(yes she was hot) quickly corrected him. I then asked the question about being able to get one on thursday and she said yes this gives me first shot as I was number one and if I didn't get one she was going to unleash her wrath on som people. I feel special, oh wait it is because I am shelling out over $800 for this thing, but it is worth it.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Well I went to the Best Buy close to me today and, asked if they were pre-selling the Xoom. The sales-person abruptly told me no. When a went there a few days before another salesperson said they were pre-ordering on the 20th but, he didn't know when they woud get them. I guess I won't be buying one from there.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    Well I went to the Best Buy close to me today and, asked if they were pre-selling the Xoom. The sales-person abruptly told me no. When a went there a few days before another salesperson said they were pre-ordering on the 20th but, he didn't know when they woud get them. I guess I won't be buying one from there.
    Funny story. Same thing happened to me today. I called both local best buy stores in my area and both stores told me that they wasn't doing pre orders for the xoom yet.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

That's weird. Its advertised on the website. You should point that out

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

That's weird. Its advertised on the website. You should point that out
    I was going to point it out to the second store i called because they actually transfered me to the mobile department but before i could the guy hung up.

I had a totally different experience than many of you. I didn't get to Best Buy until 2pm today, and pre-ordered. I'm 9th on the list, which actually has me a little nervous, so I am definitely getting there first thing Thursday. I had heard most Best Buys were only getting 6-8 XOOMs for launch day. That in itself is crazy considering the leaked Costco memo stated that each store was getting a palette!

Anyway, I was pretty happy that my Best Buy had a decent pre-order figure, especially since I'm in a relatively small market.
    XV6600 (HTC Harrier) --> XV6700 (HTC Apache) --> XV6800 (HTC Titan) --> HTC Touch Pro2 --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I was going to go ahead and pre-order at best buy but, after that experience I'll just wait for Costco, which is better for me anyway.

I wish I could say that I pre-ordered today, but I'm waiting for the wi-fi only model and who knows when that'll be released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast