WILL the XOOM be available at Costco at launch?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So, Costco's return policy is 90-days. That is pretty awesome. If within 90-days we still don't have those promised features or something better comes along, we can return out XOOMs to Costco. We got that leak a few weeks back about how Costco is going to be carrying the XOOM on Thursday, but we haven't heard since. I am hoping it comes to Costco on Thursday, but I have called 3 places and the results were an unsure YES, a NO, and a WE DON'T KNOW.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Here is the article I referenced: http://www.androidcentral.com/costco-getting-ready-motorola-xoom
:)

Update: Called another Costco, guy knew what I was talking about and said they will have it Thursday.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Silly is they posted a internal memo stating they would have it Thursday with instructions. So you would think they would. I heard its only 10 bucks cheaper but they would wave activation and the return policy looks nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Just called another, one in Arizona lol, and they said they would. He asked the Verizon store in the Costco.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So, Costco's return policy is 90-days. That is pretty awesome. If within 90-days we still don't have those promised features or something better comes along, we can return out XOOMs to Costco. We got that leak a few weeks back about how Costco is going to be carrying the XOOM on Thursday, but we haven't heard since. I am hoping it comes to Costco on Thursday, but I have called 3 places and the results were an unsure YES, a NO, and a WE DON'T KNOW.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Here is the article I referenced: http://www.androidcentral.com/costco-getting-ready-motorola-xoom
:)

Update: Called another Costco, guy knew what I was talking about and said they will have it Thursday.
For those of you early adopters this is a really good plan. If you like the price this is probably the best way to buy your Xoom. I also believe they are waiving the activation fee.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
For those of you early adopters this is a really good plan. If you like the price this is probably the best way to buy your Xoom. I also believe they are waiving the activation fee.

Exactly. Shi*, I should have been buying ALL of my electronics at Costco.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we'll gave them at launch. They aren't in our systems yet so I don't have pricing specifics. However, I heard from a good source that we will have the WiFi only version on the 28th.

Yeah, that's right. Costco will be carrying both, atleast that's what I've been told by more then one higher up. They were pretty sure we would have the WiFi only version on the 28th as it's supposed to be a big deal launch for Costco since we never got the iPad.

Reactions: qnet

jvs60

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, we'll gave them at launch. They aren't in our systems yet so I don't have pricing specifics. However, I heard from a good source that we will have the WiFi only version on the 28th.

Yeah, that's right. Costco will be carrying both, atleast that's what I've been told by more then one higher up. They were pretty sure we would have the WiFi only version on the 28th as it's supposed to be a big deal launch for Costco since we never got the iPad.

Wifi only on the 28th of this month? Sounds good to me

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Very cool, thanks dude. Keep us updated if you get any more information. I may call mine tomorrow to see if they have a demo unit out, yet.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was told demo units wont be here till Thursday. I'm looking daily for them to hit our system. It's really odd they aren't in there yet. I think they are trying to conceal pricing by not putting it in the computer.

As soon as I can get more info I will let you guys know. Take the 28th with a grain of salt since I haven't seen the emails myself yet.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is very intersting.

This plus the 90 day return could make the WiFi Xoom a good gamble.

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I visited two Dallas area Costco stores on Saturday to ask about the Xoom - need to talk to the Verizon kiosk people to get a reasonable answer.

Both indicated that they expected to have the Xooms delivered on the 22nd, and that they had not been given instructions to hold off selling them once they arrive The expectation was that it would be the 23rd before they could get them unpacked and ready to sell, but if made available to them on th 22nd they would sell them then.

They mentioned that they were not certain if they would be able to active service for them on Verizon before the 24th, though, if Verizon and Best Buy were not selling them until then. The guy at the local store said he would certainly be trying to as soon as he could get one in his hands, and really didnt see any reason it wouldn't be possible.

But then, anything can happen between now and then, and they may get a bulletin telling them to hold off until Thursday as well.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This is very intersting.

This plus the 90 day return could make the WiFi Xoom a good gamble.

I don't see it as much of a gamble. With any of these Honeycomb tablets, the only differentiating factor is the hardware. Motorola should have the hardware squared away (SD card/4G notwithstanding) since Google engineers have been using this device for months to develop Honeycomb.

Buying this device, wifi or 3G/4G, is not a gamble as it will be identical, software-wise, to any other Honeycomb device that comes out in, say, May.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I visited two Dallas area Costco stores on Saturday to ask about the Xoom - need to talk to the Verizon kiosk people to get a reasonable answer.

Both indicated that they expected to have the Xooms delivered on the 22nd, and that they had not been given instructions to hold off selling them once they arrive The expectation was that it would be the 23rd before they could get them unpacked and ready to sell, but if made available to them on th 22nd they would sell them then.

They mentioned that they were not certain if they would be able to active service for them on Verizon before the 24th, though, if Verizon and Best Buy were not selling them until then. The guy at the local store said he would certainly be trying to as soon as he could get one in his hands, and really didnt see any reason it wouldn't be possible.

But then, anything can happen between now and then, and they may get a bulletin telling them to hold off until Thursday as well.

Yeah, that's what I expect to happen. However, I will be calling my local Costco everyday just to make sure I don't miss out :p

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just visited my local Costco and the rep said they were already in their system. He didn't confirm a release date, just said very soon. I'll definitely be buying one there and, from that rep.

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Talked to a manager at the Costco here... he said that he heard on a conference call that they're hoping for the 24th. He also said with big rumored items such as this the people who know are very limited... most high up people in the store dont even know until the day it hits the store. Then they frantically get things setup and sell it.

He said look for it on the 24th and call... If it's not the 24th he heard the 27th would be the date as well. He heard both dates out there. Whether that is for the 3G/4G and the WIFI only... not sure.

Just posting what I got from a manager on a call back tonight. I'll be calling them until Thursday though :)

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
That's funny. They aren't in the Costco AS400, atleast not for my building. I will look again. I don't work for wireless advocates tho. I'm an actual Costco employee.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia