Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jeff327's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

    Default Has Best Buy called?

    Has anyone who placed a pre-order received a call from Best Buy today telling them when to come in tomorrow?
  2. #2  

    Default

    No calls for me, but I dont expect one. When I put in my preorder they said I could show up any time on Thursday and pick it up. With all this talk about how preorders didn't guarantee a Xoom on realize day, I called to check. I am guaranteed one on launch day. If I don't show up they will go down the list of those who were on the "standby" portion.
  3. #3  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    I was told if they had a bunch of pre orders like 20 they would call and set up a time. No call yet. I called and they just said come in tomorrow at opening.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default

    I just received a call from Best Buy setting up an appointment. When I pre-ordered on Monday evening, they said I was the first to pre-order, so I didn't think they'd have too many people to get through. Maybe sales picked up?
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlabarca View Post
    I just received a call from Best Buy setting up an appointment. When I pre-ordered on Monday evening, they said I was the first to pre-order, so I didn't think they'd have too many people to get through. Maybe sales picked up?
    where are you ?
  6. #6  

    Default

    Long Island, NY. Store 824
  7. #7  

    Default

    surprised no more pre orders then that
  8. #8  

    Default

    I called the BB store where I pre-ordered. The guy at the Mobile desk told me he hasn't received his allotment of Xooms yet and expects them this afternoon. I asked him if he had any accessories yet and he said he has 1 docking station and 1 case right now. He told me they had a few pre-orders and I'm first on the list. Said they would call once they get them in to set up a time to come pick it up.
  9. #9  
    erzhik's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    588 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    surprised no more pre orders then that
    blame the crappy launch.. I believe some verizon stores didn't know what the hell Xoom was until today.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    jeff327's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

    Default

    I was told they would call me this morning which never happened. So, I did call over there and they say they only got 5 in but I was the first pre-order so I can come in at any time and get one.
  11. #11  

    Default

    They called me and the got 5 in as well but only 2 preorders, which I was number 2, so they will hold mine.

    Not even sure I am picking it up. Still heavily leaning towards no.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    surprised no more pre orders then that
    Haha you're kidding right? I'll just start the list in short order for you. Price, required data activation, no working SD slot, no Flash, no LTE off the bat, barely any tablet apps, people wanting Wi-Fi version only, not enough choices as far as a 16GB or 8GB version, not enough commercials or reviews, if any at all.

    The list is much longer than that. I'm still getting one though but the general public have no clue this thing is out there shortly. Even if they did, they very quickly notice my points about price and not enough models available and go for the iPad.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neller2000 View Post
    Haha you're kidding right? I'll just start the list in short order for you. Price, required data activation, no working SD slot, no Flash, no LTE off the bat, barely any tablet apps, people wanting Wi-Fi version only, not enough choices as far as a 16GB or 8GB version, not enough commercials or reviews, if any at all.

    The list is much longer than that. I'm still getting one though but the general public have no clue this thing is out there shortly. Even if they did, they very quickly notice my points about price and not enough models available and go for the iPad.
    These are all the reasons why I am likely to not pick mine up.
  14. #14  

    Thumbs up Got the call

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
    Has anyone who placed a pre-order received a call from Best Buy today telling them when to come in tomorrow?
    I received a call at 1:30pm, 2/23, telling me the Xoom is in, and tomorrow (Thurs) they wanted to set up an appt to get it set up and activated because they didn't want everyone coming in all at once.

    So, tomorrow at 12:30, I'll be a new XOOM owner!
  15. #15  
    VMdoug's Avatar

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default

    I got my call around 12:30 today. Made an appointment to pickup my XOOM at 10AM tomorrow. [Columbus, OH]
  16. #16  

    Default

    my appt is at 10am granted i dont get one at VZW before
  17. #17  
    collegedub's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default

    Got a call around 730. Appointment is for 10am. Gonna go into work late for this one!

    Sent from my DInc
  18. #18  

    Default

    Well I'll be damned. I got a phone call. Told her I didn't need to schedule a time since i would be there at open. Looks like they are trying to make things as smooth as possible.
  19. #19  

    Default

    I did not get a call - I had to call the store (again) to ask what was going on for tomorrow and was told they had no idea. The girl at the Mobile desk told me all they know is their display is going up tomorrow, and I should call the manager tomorrow after 10 a.m. and ask him. That's some customer service right there. Should have known better than to deal with BB.

    I'll be stopping by the closest VZW corporate store tomorrow morning to try to get one.
  20. #20  
    tntdroid's Avatar
    Droiderator

    Posts
    5,672 Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Nexus

    Default

    Got the call today. Said just to come at opening at 10. I then called the Verizon next door. Opens at 9:30. Ill be at Verizon first and see what happens

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions