Here is the Motorola Folio case. Enjoy!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Picked this up just about an hour ago. It is a lot different in person that what I took from the internet pictures out there. It has a nylon-like front and back to it and the interior is nice and smooth (fleece-like). It gives me a good idea as to the size of the Xoom (see that paper insert). I will say this, I DONT find that it is worth 39.99. I was on the fence when I was looking at it. The Verizon rep though hooked me up with 10.00 off, so I paid 29.99 which I think is more reasonable. Sorry for the low quality pics, my wife has the digital camera so I used my mobile.

Photo_F8D8EB9D-732D-1D04-A858-DD9D046DBABE.jpg

Photo_F6B79719-8CFC-5A26-5B24-790196963B16.jpg

jaeisber

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I will be stopping by best buy after work to take a look and likely buy the folio. I wonder if there are different ones (i.e. leather)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Thats the impression I had when I came to the store, thinking it was leather. Either way I do like it and I believe it will offer good protection. The full asking price though was a bit silly once you have it in hand. :)

And now I have an empty case to look at for the next day!

jaeisber

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I'll probably be in the same boat as you. If BB has them in leather, I will be buying it after work. But then I will have to wait until tomorrow to fill it. Luckily I have a 7:30 apt at VZW to get my Xoom so the wait wont be too long.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried 2 Best Buys in my area and they wouldnt budge in selling me one. This Verizon store also denied me the case yesterday but today I lucked out. The closest Best Buy to me said that they might not have any accessories until next week which was reported by another user here the other day.

jaeisber

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at best buy's site right now. Every Best Buy within 10 miles of me (6 or 7 stores) has all of the Xoom accessories in stock and available for in-store pickup today. If they tell me I cannot buy the folio today, I will just go online, order it for in-store pickup and head to the customer service desk to get it, ha.

ckeegan003

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The question is, do you think the leather version would be worth $44.99?

I have that 25% off coupon for any Motorola accessories, and this may stop me from buying the "durable" version tomorrow at Best Buy.

I just wish Moto would make the accessories available on their website already!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I still believe that its a bit steep in price for both. But you might think otherwise :)

If you have a discount it will ease the blow.

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Looks like there is a leather one:

Amazon.com: Motorola Protective Portfolio Case for MOTOROLA XOOM (Motorola Retail Packaging): Computer & Accessories

If you hover your mouse over the pictures of the case, it will enlarge it and you can clearly see a leather texture. :) Oh well, I got a nice discount out of it :D
It sure looks like a leather texture in the picture, but the item model number (89448N) matches the Motorola Protective Portfolio Case that I just picked-up from Best Buy. The one I just bought is definitely NOT leather.

The Case has a smooth, hard plastic frame and Xoom holders, the inside is a dense foam like neoprene, and the outside front and back are a textured rubberized plastic (if that makes any sense).

I am looking at best buy's site right now. Every Best Buy within 10 miles of me (6 or 7 stores) has all of the Xoom accessories in stock and available for in-store pickup today. If they tell me I cannot buy the folio today, I will just go online, order it for in-store pickup and head to the customer service desk to get it, ha.
That's exactly what I did: placed my order last night, received an email today noting that my order was ready for pick-up, and just got back from picking it up.

The leather version at BB is 39.99
I don't believe that there is Motorola leather version. Check the model / item number. If it's 89448N, then it's just the plastic Portfolio Case.

I thought that was the "durable" version, which is what the OP picked up for $39.99 (before his discount).
You are correct.

I'm sure that 3rd party cases (including leather ones) will be available very soon, but I want to have my Xoom protected from day one. That's the main reason that I bought this case. The other reason is that I had a $40 BB gift card to use. Otherwise I would have bought it at a VZW store for $30 after a 25% discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge