Xoom vs Ipad (video)

kklier

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
nice video. all the comparisons are only comparing the known iPad(It's taken almost a year to compete with the iPad). within a couple of weeks we will also have another iPad 2.

Did you notice that the Xoom does not seem to lay flat when you touch, push towards the outer edges.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I've been waiting for a video like this, still not as in-depth as I wanted but, good for now.

Interesting, I had thought the Xoom was bigger than the Ipad but, it's actually not as tall but, a little longer. The screen still looked good and just as viewable. What also impressed me is the smoothness and speed of the Xoom.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I've been waiting for a video like this, still not as in-depth as I wanted but, good for now.

Interesting, I had thought the Xoom was bigger than the Ipad but, it's actually not as tall but, a little longer. The screen still looked good and just as viewable. What also impressed me is the smoothness and speed of the Xoom.

I was shocked by the size as well... Honestly, i would prefer it to be the iPad's size, if not a little bigger. Screen real estate is a huge plus.

Oh well.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I was shocked by the size as well... Honestly, i would prefer it to be the iPad's size, if not a little bigger. Screen real estate is a huge plus.

Oh well.
I personally am a fan of the true ratio. And you are not losing any real estate

iPad 7.76" x 5.82" = 45.1623"sq
Xoom 8.53 x 5.33" = 45.5111"sq

* Please note I do not have a Xoom but the 1280 x 800 screen resolution at 150 ppi gave me the screen dimensions.

Last edited:

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Oh well.

You are only loosing 3/8th of an inch of real estate. So I was wondering if that is a reason not to get it. But I guess it also depends on the programs you will be using. For instance watching a movie you will get a bigger picture on the Xoom since it is wide screen instead of 4:3

also with higher res on the Xoom I think that will give you that extra real estate you are looking for and more.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You are only loosing 3/8th of an inch of real estate. So I was wondering if that is a reason not to get it. But I guess it also depends on the programs you will be using. For instance watching a movie you will get a bigger picture on the Xoom since it is wide screen instead of 4:3

also with higher res on the Xoom I think that will give you that extra real estate you are looking for and more.

Yeah, watching movies looks like it will be nice on the Xoom. A Verizon rep I talked to today said it was awesome for watching movies.

I'm wondering how reading books will be. I like to read in portrait mode and, not landscape, like all the reviewers seem to like to keep it in.

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering how reading books will be. I like to read in portrait mode and, not landscape, like all the reviewers seem to like to keep it in.
The XOOM displays 2 pages on the screen in landscape mode, and I believe just one page in portrait mode. The page turning animation in landscape mode is really slick. If you haven't seen it, you can check it out in this clip (watch from 13:00 to about 13:25): YouTube - Android Event 02-02-2011

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey