Browser fail!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok I was reading engadgets review and found something that mifs me. the Browser still reads like a android phone. which means your not going to get a true browser experience on the Xoom. it will be no different then using the browser on your phone. why can't they Google change it so we can have a true real browser? also will a hack be able to change this or will it come from Google?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I bet an update fixes that. But in all honesty the same thing occcured with my ipad. Some came up as an ipad optimized site, sometimes even a mobile site.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
changing user agent won't do a thing. I want same browser as my netbook. the xoom is more powerful then my netbook but I can't watch hulu or netflix because xoom is being classified as a mobile devise aka phone.
Just change the user agent. Not fail. lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Mobile sites are irritating aren't they. Either they have minimal information, or they try to get you to subscribe to something.

You can probably set the user agent in the same way we do on the phones, through the about:debug settings. Go to about:debug and then check the settings for the additional options. Unfortunately you have to about:debug on every boot.

clabbin

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
changing user agent won't do a thing. I want same browser as my netbook. the xoom is more powerful then my netbook but I can't watch hulu or netflix because xoom is being classified as a mobile devise aka phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You do know that unless a Netflix specific app was made for the xoom you couldnt watch it at all. even if the browser didn't register to sites as a mobile device, you need Microsoft Silverlight to use netflix in web browsers. As for Hulu they would still find a way to block the thing so they can charge you for the premium version

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't you think the Android Browser is ok. I believe it's as dependable as anyone of those other browser.(IMO)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't you think the Android Browser is ok. I believe it's as dependable as anyone of those other browser.(IMO)

Except his problem is he's trying to view full sites and the browser is identifying itself as a mobile browser, bringing him to mobile web pages.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You all are missing the point. Browser is been advertise as a real web experience. But all it is is a glorified phone browser. I want a web experience as my laptops and desktops. Download what I want watch what I want. I shouldn't need a app for that.

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
You all are missing the point. Browser is been advertise as a real web experience. But all it is is a glorified phone browser. I want a web experience as my laptops and desktops. Download what I want watch what I want. I shouldn't need a app for that.

Agree.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this is where the windows 7 tablet will Excel. It will be more pc like and not a glorified oversized phone OS.

peterochford

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dudes, chill. You're not getting to Hulu because Hulu doesn't have a content agreement with Google/Android yet. Same reason you can't get to them on GoogleTV. Changing the user agent will get you the full pages, but won't get you content that has been blocked to ALL mobile Android devices.

hitorii

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Both of you - wth?

When writing and designing web pages, you can specify page layouts in an IF format according to what user agent (browser) pings that site.

The android browser HAS ALWAYS BEEN a full web browser. The only thing that is in the way is the user agent and what it tells sites it is. Jesus. ****ing. Christ

Its the sites, not the browser (so to speak)

TL;DR - Really? Just read that

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey