How To: Have multiple users

smd4usc

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this is already posted, but I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Is there a way to configure the XOOM so that I can have two different users?

For example, on the lock screen, I can have my wife as one user & myself as the other. Then after we go in we can have different email, different bookmarks, different widgets....

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this is already posted, but I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Is there a way to configure the XOOM so that I can have two different users?

For example, on the lock screen, I can have my wife as one user & myself as the other. Then after we go in we can have different email, different bookmarks, different widgets....

This would be AMAZING.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It would be awesome, but I'm not sure if it would be possible with how Android currently works. When you log in with your first gmail/google account it links the phone to that specific account, so much so that you have to do a factory reset to remove that link.

I know that some roms (MIUI) have a "guest" mode that hides your personal data, but I don't think we're at the point yet where multiple accounts will work. I know that ChromeOS supports this, so here's hoping the port the functionality to Android soon.

UnknownAnonymous7

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

This is now actually a built in Android feature in version 4.3. Unfortunately, the Motorola Xoom can only go up to android 4.1.2
This feature can (sort of) be enabled on the Xoom but will require root access. I personally would not root my device

I hope this link helps
How to Enable Multiple Users on your Jelly Bean Device - TheUnlockr TheUnlockr

I don't know if this would give you separate home screens but I will find out and get back asap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam