1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default How To: Have multiple users

I apologize if this is already posted, but I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Is there a way to configure the XOOM so that I can have two different users?

For example, on the lock screen, I can have my wife as one user & myself as the other. Then after we go in we can have different email, different bookmarks, different widgets....
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smd4usc View Post
    I apologize if this is already posted, but I did a search and couldnt find anything.

Is there a way to configure the XOOM so that I can have two different users?

For example, on the lock screen, I can have my wife as one user & myself as the other. Then after we go in we can have different email, different bookmarks, different widgets....
    This would be AMAZING.
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

It would be awesome, but I'm not sure if it would be possible with how Android currently works. When you log in with your first gmail/google account it links the phone to that specific account, so much so that you have to do a factory reset to remove that link.

I know that some roms (MIUI) have a "guest" mode that hides your personal data, but I don't think we're at the point yet where multiple accounts will work. I know that ChromeOS supports this, so here's hoping the port the functionality to Android soon.
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Default Re: How To: Have multiple users

Hi there

This is now actually a built in Android feature in version 4.3. Unfortunately, the Motorola Xoom can only go up to android 4.1.2
    This feature can (sort of) be enabled on the Xoom but will require root access. I personally would not root my device

I hope this link helps

I don't know if this would give you separate home screens but I will find out and get back asap