Exchange server??? Help

madolen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am attempting to sync up my email from the hospital I work at. My xoom says that I my device does not support sufficient security to enable my work email??? Any Ideas?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am attempting to sync up my email from the hospital I work at. My xoom says that I my device does not support sufficient security to enable my work email??? Any Ideas?

I've read over and over again that Touchdown is the best way to use Exchange w/android. I think it's $20 in the market but am not sure if it's honeycomb compatible.

I've read people have had to do some tricky things to get exchange working right on their android devices. I just switched my job to google apps but don't know if you'll be able to get your whole hospital to do that :)

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Good chance the hospital is running Exchange 2003. ActiveSync and Android really only play nice on Exchange 2010. Touchdown is your best option.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problem connecting to my work's Exchange 2010 server. Specifically, it's telling me my user id/password combo is in error, and it's definitely not. My Epic works fine.

Methinks there's some work to do with Honeycomb and Exchange servers.

I'll add that the browser works great with Outlook Web Access, and so that's working for me in a pinch.

Kerms

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope it gets resolved . We're running 2003. Boss Droid works with it. We're upgrading to 2010 soon though.

I may have to look into Touch Down if I get a Xoom.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Was able to setup exchange in a snap, though I have no idea what versions the server are...
We are 2010 and I have the webmail available to my users. So all they need to do is use the format...

webmail.company.com

with username

DOMAIN/username

finally using

{password}

and they are in.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Od, but I can't get past the part of simply entering my email address and password. Says the combo is invalid and won't let me specify the rest of the settings.

I tried the addres/password combo a number of times and know it's correct, but no joy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

broonsbain

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Same issue

I am getting the same "Username or Password is Invalid" error trying to connect to exchange (running in BPOS). When i hit the older exchange server it works fine (unfortunately were shutting it down). Has anyone gotten a connection to a BPOS exchange instance?

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Might be worth trying K9. I have not tried it for exchange mail on the Xoom (as I can't access my work email with non-work owned equipment) but I just set up my wife's email on her EVO with it and it worked fine. Took me a couple tries to realize I needed to add DOMAIN\ to the user name :-D

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
exchange mail is working just fine for me with the default mail app that comes preloaded on the Xoom. Just saw on the market that Nitrodesk released a Touchdown optimized for tablets....may have to install that. Love touchdown on my captivate.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
exchange mail is working just fine for me with the default mail app that comes preloaded on the Xoom. Just saw on the market that Nitrodesk released a Touchdown optimized for tablets....may have to install that. Love touchdown on my captivate.

Is the default mail app another name for gmail? Can gmail handle multiple types of accounts - Exchange, IMAP, POP? Can the Google canlander handle events from muliple types of accounts - Exchange, IMAP, POP? Can the Google contacts handle multiple types of accounts - Exchange, IMAP, POP?

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It's obvious that Exchange is working for some folks and not others. The thing to try to nail down is: what do we non-workers have in common? My company uses an Exchange 2010 server, but I can't think of anything different about it. Certainly, my Epic connects to it with no problems, so it's something that's not playing nice with Honeycomb.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is the default mail app another name for gmail? Can gmail handle multiple types of accounts - Exchange, IMAP, POP? Can the Google canlander handle events from muliple types of accounts - Exchange, IMAP, POP? Can the Google contacts handle multiple types of accounts - Exchange, IMAP, POP?

The preloaded Exchange mail app is just called "Email", the icon is an envelope with a yellow paper popping up out of it that has an @ on it. the Gmail app is called "Gmail" with a red M sticking up out of the envelope. I don't think the Gmail app can handle exchange, however the "Email" app can handle POP so you can have both your Exchange mail and your Gmail account working under the Email app.

Edit: Also just confirmed that once you have your exchange account added to the Email app, it will sync your corporate calender with the installed calender app. Also - the Email app query's the Global Address List on your exchange server which is something that the email app on my Captivate didn't do which was the main reason I was running touchdown.

Last edited:

madolen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
IMAG0410.jpg

This is what I get when I try to add my account...

I tried adding a password, pin etc... no change...

Again this works on my EVO... but not on my xoom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome