ebook reader?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The Google reader is nice. I like it just as much as the default Ipad reader so far.

Kindle is kind of jittery but, at least it's easy to navigate, the Ipad version is smoother but, can get frustrating trying to go home.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at the Nook app. I found out you CAN sideload books onto it.

B&N Nook for Android now supports EPUB side load and SD app storage | ZDNet

I just tried it and it worked. The directory was hidden so I had an issue getting the books into it from my mac. I had to put them on the Xoom and copy them with Astro. Probably easier from a PC.

Also it may take a little bit for them to show up in the "my files" section.

Still can't do PDFs though. :-(

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
yes. Click multi then you are able to select all the files you want. then press and hold and select edit. Then copy, or whatever you want to do.

kerwink040

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Use Aldiko. First make a folder on your Xoom called ebooks. Add your epub files (may work with other ebook formats try it. Mine are all epub so it works). Then d/l and install Aldiko. Open Aldiko and hit home button select sd card option. locate and click on ebook folder you created with your books inside.
When viewing books, at first they may seem to be off the page (especially at the top) click settings/ menu icon (on xoom- bottom left of screen) then click settings button, then hit text button: increase/ decrease the Margins and Fonts buttons till the page is set as you would like it.
That's it. Aldiko saved those settings for me when I opened up other books.
happy Reading

Reactions: E_man

kerwink040

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Found how to adjust text off page

Tried Aldiko for my epubs - format is lousy (text is off the page, for example), crashes...

Anyone got something cooking?

Use Aldiko. First make a folder on your Xoom called ebooks. Add your epub files (may work with other ebook formats try it. Mine are all epub so it works). Then d/l and install Aldiko. Open Aldiko and hit home button select sd card option. locate and click on ebook folder you created with your books inside.
When viewing books, at first they may seem to be off the page (especially at the top) click settings/ menu icon (on xoom- bottom left of screen) then click settings button, then hit text button: increase/ decrease the Margins and Fonts buttons till the page is set as you would like it.
That's it. Aldiko saved those settings for me when I opened up other books.
happy Reading

Reactions: theOneAndOnlyMrT

Virgil

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 to Kerwin040.

Once you adjust the margins on Aldiko, the epub books work great. Between that and .pdf, that pretty much addresses all the books i've downloaded

davidtoor

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I use my iPad for reading but I've just bought a Nexus 7 (for a smaller companion . I download books from various sources, in many formats (including my own books in Word Perfect), then use Calibre to convert them to ePub and email them to myself on the iPad. They then open in iBooks and are very easy to read. Can I use anything like this on my Nexus 7. Is there something comparable to iBooks on the Nexus where I can store and read the books I want?
Thanks.
Dave

reishus

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this will work or not.

Can you use dropbox on your computer to store all your epubs, install the dropbox app on your Xoom, create a shortcut to your epub folder in dropbox on to your home screen. When you open that folder it will list all your books and you should be able to open them and select the app you want to open them with.

Haven't tried it so let me know if that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol