Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DLNA on the xoom?

I've read on plenty of sites that this is compatible with DLNA. I dont see a stock application has anyone found a app that works for the xoom. On my galaxy tab I had allplay (i believe) and it worked pefectly. I've tried Skifta (beta) and its not able to find any media on my pc.

Help!

Global Posts
    10,564 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

have you tried to download it lol!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    have you tried to download it lol!
    allplay is not on the market, and I can't find a good apk for it. I'm not even sure if allplay is going to be compatible with the xoom since I believe its a samsung application.

I would kill for a dlna app! Can't find one that works....

Im wondering also about this, why would they not put the same one on the Xoom that is on the DX?

download 'iMediashare' for DLNA

its been able to play many of the vids and has youtube support too..lemme kno if it works

i used it on my nexus one to stream to my DLNA before i nabbed the atrix with a built in app

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

watching Entourage xvid via my DLNA home server right now..... works great!

1) Skifta Beta
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ta.android.app

2) RockPlayer Lite
    https://market.android.com/details?i...d.unified.lite

I think skifta sucks,way to laggy...

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Interesting. I just installed Skifta and it is working great for me.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I haven't used any DLNA clients, but isn't Twonky supposed to do this? It came pre installed on the Xoom.

I haven't worked with it any but when I boot it up I can see my PC's media a well as my Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by mundyb View Post
    I haven't used any DLNA clients, but isn't Twonky supposed to do this? It came pre installed on the Xoom.

I haven't worked with it any but when I boot it up I can see my PC's media a well as my Xbox 360.
    Twonky???? that didnt come on my Xoom

I tried Skifta with Rock Player Lite and too many of my xvid's just wouldn't play. Then I found UPnPlay last night on the market. That with Rock player played everything in my collection, even Mkv's although they just can't stream (extreme chop) through the limited n chip in the Xoom (72Mbps max). I've tried everything I could get my hands on and UPnPlay + Rock Player Lite is the best performing streaming solution for the Xoom so far. Even seeking or jumping to a certain point in the by clicking on the timeline in Rock Player works flawlessly and immediately, an important feature for me.

I was using VLC S&C pro previously, but it's like a broken beta app compared to using UPnPlay + Rock Player. Highly recommended!