DLNA on the xoom?

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I've read on plenty of sites that this is compatible with DLNA. I dont see a stock application has anyone found a app that works for the xoom. On my galaxy tab I had allplay (i believe) and it worked pefectly. I've tried Skifta (beta) and its not able to find any media on my pc.

Help!

pathofthehero

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
download 'iMediashare' for DLNA

its been able to play many of the vids and has youtube support too..lemme kno if it works

i used it on my nexus one to stream to my DLNA before i nabbed the atrix with a built in app

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used any DLNA clients, but isn't Twonky supposed to do this? It came pre installed on the Xoom.

I haven't worked with it any but when I boot it up I can see my PC's media a well as my Xbox 360.

pdizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried Skifta with Rock Player Lite and too many of my xvid's just wouldn't play. Then I found UPnPlay last night on the market. That with Rock player played everything in my collection, even Mkv's although they just can't stream (extreme chop) through the limited n chip in the Xoom (72Mbps max). I've tried everything I could get my hands on and UPnPlay + Rock Player Lite is the best performing streaming solution for the Xoom so far. Even seeking or jumping to a certain point in the by clicking on the timeline in Rock Player works flawlessly and immediately, an important feature for me.

I was using VLC S&C pro previously, but it's like a broken beta app compared to using UPnPlay + Rock Player. Highly recommended!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084