Messaging plan?

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
So, got my Xoom earlier and signed up for a 3GB data plan as well as a 250 messages texting plan. However the number my Xoom was assigned does not seem to receive any text messages and I'm doubting it even has this feature to begin with.

Does the Xoom actually have the ability to receive text messages with a phone number attached or did they pull a fast one on me at the store?

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If they did they did it to me as well...

I did not get the msging plan but was told that you could send and receive msges on the Xoom. I was going to be charged like 10cents per msg so I have not tried. I also thought I remembered seeing a Msging icon in one of the videos so It would make since. Another one of those programs I thought should have been on the Xoom but was not.

So you may just have to wait till someone ports a msging program like the ones we have on our phones over...

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I remember checking the website the night of the launch, I was able to add a 250 messages plan or a pay per message plan. So I figured cool, will just get the 250 messages plan at the store. Which I did.

Just checked the website again and went through an order process, the messaging plans are now absent from the order process. I'll call them in the morning and have it removed if it's non functioning right now.

techdan00

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Xoom does text!

Set up your google voice.

Send alertsnofnvoice mails and texts to gmail.

You get notifications and it's. Free!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Xoom cannot do SMS or MMS messaging, as that is a cellular phone protocol service, not data. I have no clue why that is still the case when they could just use an app on the data network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie