Verizon wants my business?

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Xavian:
Thanks for the quote. Not sure which of these emails you'll get since the link for your email on the quote is not correct. Doesn't give me a huge warmfuzzy about bringing my data business there.

I also wasn't happy about signing up for a data plan I didn't want and then finding out this AM we are no longer required to buy it. In addition, I received a Xoom with a bad charger and spent 2 hours on the phone with no one wanting to take responsibility along with Verizon's refusal to swap out the charger because I bought the unit at Best Buy who is selling them along with Verizon's data plan. I WAS finally allowed to buy a car charger...so now I can drive around until mid-next week if I want to use my $900 tablet that Motorola now has 25% off coupons for that we weren't told about.

I was actually interested in moving my 13 or so year Sprint agreement when I was in the store in spite of all this but, according to your quote, I would have to give up 100 minutes and pay about $40 more a month and one time charges of $250 AND some penalties to Sprint for leaving mid-contract for the privilege of anticipating future Verizon experiences like the one I am having right now.

I didn't even meet you. You are probably a fine person. I just hope you get a better job.

Finally, since I can't possibly hope to "achieve and maintain a minimum of 10,000 + lines of wireless service" I am afraid my Xoom will become WIFI only on March 25th unless I can get a refund sooner. Can you help with that?

Sincerely, Dave.

P.S. Is the rest of the brochure as inaccurate as these quotes?

Dedicated customer service experts with business experience.

Responsive, expert technical support.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ummmmm. If you dont want data call and cancel. I did and wont be billed. Call customer service and hit 0####0 to go right to a live person.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Just for fun I copied in my email to the Verizon guy who tried to have us move our business account from Sprint. It's in the Xoom forum because it details my Xoom purchase experience. I should have explained that better. I got a great Xoom with a dead charger and no way to charge it until next week except for now the car charger....

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Wait, let me get this right...you bought the tablet from best buy, they "forced" you to buy a data plan, you got a bum charger in the unit you bought at best buy, and this is somehow verizon's fault? Did you take it to best buy to exchange it?

I've been with Verizon since they were GTE Wireless, and have always had exceptional service. I've had a few defective devices over those 12+ years and verizon always took good care of me. This is the nature of anything that is mass produced, sometimes there are bad apples in the bunch.

If you are unhappy with the cost of the device or the cost of verizon's service, then stay with sprint. But crabbing about verizon when you bought at best buy is just plain illogical

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Is this guy serious? Verizon is a "cellular service provider" -- Motorola manufactures that "charger" that you had an issue with and "Best Buy" is the company from which you bought your "product"

Verizon really doesnt have anything to do with your rant.

I have an idea, I am going to get pissed off because ESPN went off the air in the middle of their post game presser, I am going to pitch a fit at Comcast because its their fault.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
As others have said, you should have immediately taken this to Best Buy, not Verizon. Also, you seem to be blaming them that no one told you about that 25% off coupon that lasted a few hours last week. Of course they didn't tell you! It's the job the of the consumer to look for coupons. If a company regularly told you about coupons, that company wouldn't be in business long.

Don't blame Verizon - blame Best Buy and Motorola.

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Yeah you're pretty ridiculous. Best Buy didn't force you to get a data plan. I bought mine from there and wasn't forced...you just got punked. Next time, instead of having courage while you're sitting behind a computer screen, have that same courage while you're face to face with a person.

You bought at Best Buy and took the defective product to Verizon? That makes NO sense at all. If I buy a TV from Best Buy and it doesn't work...I'm not taking it to Walmart and demanding they do something about it. Why would you do it?

Also it's not the store's job to make you find deals. That's you being a proactive consumer.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I bought a TV from BB and it stopped working so I called direct tv and complained that I wanted them to replace it

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
dubge: It was 2 hours.
slinky: I took it everywhere. Verizon was last and their name is permanently embossed on it.
droiddude: at the time the info BB had demanded they sell a Verizon data plan and VERIZON announced they were not requiring it the day after I bought the tablet at what I was told was the only place that had them.
I am not on a rant. I think most people would have been ticked off at everyone involved if they jumped through al the hoops and paid the top asking price without complaint ...without complaint until the thing didn't work anyway.

After this I'd love to see the moderator close or delete the thread. I'm off it now.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So you couldn't have just walked into Best Buy with your old unit, and exchange it for a new one with a working charger? Best Buy has a return policy.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
dubge: It was 2 hours.
slinky: I took it everywhere. Verizon was last and their name is permanently embossed on it.
droiddude: at the time the info BB had demanded they sell a Verizon data plan and VERIZON announced they were not requiring it the day after I bought the tablet at what I was told was the only place that had them.
I am not on a rant. I think most people would have been ticked off at everyone involved if they jumped through al the hoops and paid the top asking price without complaint ...without complaint until the thing didn't work anyway.

After this I'd love to see the moderator close or delete the thread. I'm off it now.

You way over reacted. Its standard policy on anything you buy that you take it back to the original store you bought it from within the first 30 days. If BB did not have it, its because they sold out. It tends to happen on launch week of any product.

Verizon didn't have anything to do with this because you bought it from BB. You can't possibly think that because of a defective charger (common with new products of any kind) that you can go to Verizon and get it replaced.

Sir, I would not want your business anyway. People like you cause more problems then they are worth with this kind of mentality.

Think before you act next time.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You way over reacted. Its standard policy on anything you buy that you take it back to the original store you bought it from within the first 30 days. If BB did not have it, its because they sold out. It tends to happen on launch week of any product.

Verizon didn't have anything to do with this because you bought it from BB. You can't possibly think that because of a defective charger (common with new products of any kind) that you can go to Verizon and get it replaced.

Sir, I would not want your business anyway. People like you cause more problems then they are worth with this kind of mentality.

Think before you act next time.

Who are you to instruct me? Sprint has loved me and my money for 13 years. I actually think none of you can read. Everything is answered in the thread and I am only responding after I "closed" it myself because you are a new guy spouting crap.

My original post was more of a joke than anything else and I spoke live, in person, with Xavian about it the next day. I also pointed out that Verizon was quite nice in the end about cancelling the contract and finally, SirLance99 (is that when you were born?), I not only got the charger replaced at Verizon, I also bought the dock and car charger and keyboard from them.
Do you have some kind of special credentials or data allowing you to state that it is common for new devices to be sent with non-functioning chargers?
Off the top of my head I can think of at least 2 dozen things I have bought in the past couple years that have chargers. This is the first one I got that didn't work out of the box.

I think the people who over-reacted here are the ones who took anything I said as much more than a bunch of facts and my general comment that how some of it was handled wasn't fun.

Now I know how Ricky Gervais felt after the Golden Globes when he thought everyone was just having a bit of fun.

I love the Xoom, I'd go to Verizon if it was actually cheaper, I have to buy some things at Best Buy, but I hope I don't have to call Motorola again and if anyone sends me some Prozac I'll pass it out to people who read my next post.