- 108 Posts
Unstable or broken Apps on the Xoom
Here is my list of apps that currently do not work on the Xoom:
Google Voice - Force closes(There is a hacked version from XDA that seems to be working well, 4/7)
Citrix Receiver - Force closes (Fixed on 3/4 with latest release from market)
Worms - get error message that it an Unsupported Device and closes
PhoneMyPC - Force Closes (Fixed on 2/25 with latest release from market)
Astrid - Force closed when trying to update a task (Seems to be fixed with last update)
Spare Parts - force closes when trying to get battery history
Astro SMB Module - force closes when trying to setup a SMB connection
Please add any other apps to this thread and update once they are fixed.
- 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM #2
- 23 Posts
Facebook - works kinda (sometimes fine, sometimes errors and crashes)
Double Twist - works kinda (no USB sync on Mac, app often force closes)
*AirSync works! The DoubleTwist app often crashe but the playlists synced over AirSync show up in the native Music app
RockPlayer - does not work (crash when opening video)
- 02-25-2011, 12:27 PM #3
- 02-25-2011, 12:30 PM #4
- 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM #5
- 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM #6
- 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM #7
- 02-25-2011, 12:41 PM #8
- 02-25-2011, 12:55 PM #9
- 02-25-2011, 01:09 PM #10
- 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM #11
- 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM #12
- 02-25-2011, 01:45 PM #13
- 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM #14
- 02-25-2011, 02:56 PM #15
- 02-25-2011, 03:02 PM #16
- 02-25-2011, 10:08 PM #17
Barcode Scanner by ZXing doesn't work for me, I just get a black screen...maybe the 2 camera's are confusing it. I got AT&T Code Scanner to work though occasionaly the image is overblown with brightness so it can't pick up the code, I need to point it at something black first and then back at the monitor and to make it work when that happens.
- 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM #18
- 02-26-2011, 12:20 AM #19
- 02-26-2011, 12:25 AM #20
- 02-26-2011, 01:13 AM #21
- 517 Posts
1. How is Google Voice crashing if it's not even available on the market?
2. The tablet version of CNN app FCs all the time.
3. Wallpaper app from Swiss Codemonkeys is horribly distorted but works.
4. AccuWeather widget says NULL. Rest of app seems to work.
5. Key height on Smart Keyboard isn't recognized making it look all squished at the bottom of the screen.
6. www.google.com/docs in Desktop mode is flaky and near unusable
- 02-26-2011, 01:20 AM #22
2. I've had a couple but not too bad
3. Yeah I've tried Zedge as well and it didn't look too good. Have not tried Flickie HD yet
4. I've had the null issue but for some reason it started working. Try moving between portrait and landscape to get it to kick in. Can also try killing the app and re-adding your location.
5. Cannot comment on this as I am waiting for the new version of Swiftkey for Honeycomb/Xoom
- 02-26-2011, 11:23 AM #23
Documents to Go isn't working completely (see update below). I use this on my Droid X and need it for the xoom.
The spreadsheets don't open right with random blocks of repeating/duplicated cells in the wrong locations.
I think the word files are ok although would be nice if they optimized for xoom so that the native text selection/copy/paste functions worked.
The powerpoint isn't quite right either and isn't able to move from slide to slide.
A program update was just released. All seems to work fine now.
- 02-26-2011, 06:53 PM #24
- 02-26-2011, 07:02 PM #25