Anyone move from the galaxy tab to the Xoom?

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the galaxy tab and am plannning on getting the xoom as soon as it has flash and LTE, anyone use both? how do they compare?

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my Gtab on Ebay yesterday right after I picked up my Xoom. Don't get me wrong I loved my Tab (mainly cause of the size) but I have no regrets selling it. I also have a Evo, so the only real thing I lost by selling the Tab was the size factor. The Xoom on the other hand feels like a whole different ball game to me. The Honeycomb OS alone makes me wonder why I didn't wait for this Tablet in the first place.

jackhaen

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Made the move

I got the Xoom on the release date from Verizon store. Was excited at first but reality set-in. I don't like it at all. Perhaps Gingerbread takes some getting use too. Only 16 applications designed to take advantage of the larger screen. I think I'll stay with the Galaxy for a while and box-up the Xoom.

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You mean 'Honeycomb' I'm guessing. The Galaxy tab is they same os on the cell phones... I'm loving this new tablet optimized Os personally.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mfendley

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have both, and I have to say they are quite different animals; perhaps since I have 4 months of use on the Tab and only one day on the Xoom. There were times yesterday when I put down the Xoom and picked up the Tab, because I could do something quicker / faster on the Tab. I am sure that will change over the next couple of weeks (like how I know the differences between my Droid 2 Global and the Tab now). One thing that won't change is the size. While I enjoy looking at the larger screen, the size/weight difference of the Xoom over the Tab makes we wonder if I will take the Xoom on my next business trip (next week) or stay with the Tab. Whichever I do take, I find I use the Droid tablet over my notebook 90 / 10. One of these days I will make one of my trips without the notebook.