Thumb keyboard on the Xoom

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw thumb keyboard mentioned in one of the app threads here and have to say its made the xoom even better. Just make sure you set it to 10" tablet. (Others prefer the 5 or 7" settings as well, see what you like).

To have the keyboard remember a word, just long press it on the far left of the suggestion bar and it will suggest it from now on.

The developer (Paul) said multi-touch support is coming soon!

Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.beansoft.keyboardplus

Last edited:
Reactions: jtmeyers

ScottAtlanta82

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this keyboard is awesome. My favorite setting is the 7 inch.

So I was a skeptic, but I downloaded it and so far I'm liking it. Takes a little getting used to but I think I'm a fan. Also, I agree, the 7" layout works for me a little bit better...

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
When in landscape mode, typing in a URL in the browser, does the text box take up half the screen with the keyboard taking the other half like it does for me?

Portrait mode does not do this, however, and looks/acts normal like the OG keyboard.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When in landscape mode, typing in a URL in the browser, does the text box take up half the screen with the keyboard taking the other half like it does for me?

Portrait mode does not do this, however, and looks/acts normal like the OG keyboard.

Yes, by default that's how it worked, you can actually go in to settings and tell it not to take up full screen. I forget what it's exactly called but it's much better when changed.

Reactions: FluxTZ