My Third Day Xoom Review

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah tablets are REALLY awkward to travel with and its actually more fun to surf at home with a desktop cuz u can dual/triple screen.

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Since I got the nook, I found that my netbook sits almost unused. I normally only used it for web browsing, and maybe some sd video, very painful flash, etc. The nook does it in a more enjoyable way. I think anyone that's looking to replace a phone for sheer portable computing is going to be heavily disappointed (as you discovered), but it offers a more natural way to interact with the web, does video better than my netbook, flash is similiar, music is better. I have it on me almost constantly at home. I only take it out of the house when I'm going to be stationary, or have some kind of book bag/travel bag on me.

I know many people say "I can buy a netbook for the price of even the cheapest tablet, and it's more functional." For me, the netbook is also more painful to use.

Replace "Nook" with "Xoom" and you are describing my situation. I don't think my netbook will get much use anymore since the Xoom has a higher resolution screen, battery life my netbook could only dream of, excellent performance and a very satisfying user experience. Once Adobe updates Flash for Honeycomb my netbook will collect even more dust then it is now

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's my thing. I'm in outside sales, so I'm always on the road meeting with clients at their place of business. I've had everything. Netbook, laptop, iPad, phone with projector, etc...if it is a mobile computing device I've tried using it. Aside from the XOOM, the iPad came the closest but its tie to iTunes and lack of Flash support we're very frustrating. I need something with killer battery life, and that can turn on in an instant. The XOOM is PERFECT! Now, I just need a decent portfolio case, not that junk Motorola sells.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree with most of what was said here and have to say that tablets aren't for everyone. I also believe that alot of people are wanting/thinking that their shiny new tablets are going to/should replace one of their other gadgets such as a laptop, desktop pc, ipod, etc. What they fail to realize is that the current tablets probably won't replace any other devices because for what they offer, they are, in my opinion, the device you would have between a laptop and a cellphone. Also, here is what I use my current tablet(iPad, but, soon to be Xoom) for:

I use it to catch up on reading, watching movies, catching up on current events(mostly technology info), reading the news, social media updating, listening to music, quick viewing of documents & emails, etc. So as you can see, I consider my tablet as a media consumption device and not neccessarily as a device replacer as most people seem to view theirs. Just my opinion.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely going to need to invest in a messenger bag when I finally pull the trigger on buying a XOOM. Not quite a murse, but definitely still hipster-esque lol.