GoDaddy POP email works, and yahoo IMAP email works fine with the native email application. I don't want to have to use a 3rd part app like K-9 if I can help it.

I'm following the exact GoDaddy IMAP settings I have in my Droid Incredible (using K-9, as it turns out).

Any ideas?
    02-27-2011 03:48 PM
    Well, this issue should still be addressed, but I did move on. The native email program didn't seem to have a way to change the outgoing email account of an email that was being composed. No bueno.
    02-27-2011 08:24 PM
    I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Motorola/Verizon and GoDaddy this past Saturday and Motorola finally acknowledged there was an issue and they have escalated the issue to a senior tech that is supposed to address the issue and get back to me today. As soon as I get a resolution I'll try to post it here.
    02-28-2011 10:51 AM
    Yea, I'm having the same problem. All my other accounts work just fine using IMAP but my GoDaddy account is an issue. I setup K9 to test to see if it was a GoDaddy problem in my GoDaddy account but using K9 I was able to send and receive my IMAP email. There's obviously a bug someware.
    02-28-2011 04:49 PM
    So erickers....you were able to get K9 to work? I was not but maybe I should go back and try it again.
    02-28-2011 04:52 PM
    Well I had issues with both K9 and maildrod. K9 was having issues connecting to my outgoing server and maildroid was not displaying anything when I opened a message.

Kinda sad for me because I really want the IMAP IDLE ability. This is not supported by the native app. I figure it will get resolved and currently and chalking it up to a growing pain.
    02-28-2011 05:31 PM
    I finally installed K9 on the Xoom, and it works perfectly. I can't wait until they have a K9 app specifically for tablets.

In either case, here are the tech stats I use:

Incoming:

Username: (full email address)
    Password: (whatever you use)

imap.secureserver.net
    Security: None
    Port: 143

smtpout.secureserver.net
    Security: None
    Port: 80

...and then here is a link to an IMAP page from GoDaddy: Setting up Your Email Address with IMAP - Search the Go Daddy Help Center

Hope that helps!
    02-28-2011 05:41 PM
    Yes, I got K9 to work just fine using my CDMA connection. If you use a wi-fi connection, your outgoing mail server may be dependent on if your ISP allows relays. The settings that IAMJAD used were correct.
    02-28-2011 06:47 PM
    Also, the K9 interface looks terrible as it wasn't designed yet for a tablet but it does work.
    02-28-2011 06:48 PM
    K9 words for me regardless of connection. CDMA or Wifi.
    03-01-2011 02:30 AM
    I was able to use "Improved Email". It crashes a lot, but it allows me to use GoDaddy IMAP.
    03-02-2011 02:31 AM
    I was also able to get K9 working. I have been dealing with the folks at Motorola all week and they are telling me they hope to have a resolution to me on Friday. K9 works but agree it looks terrible on the Xoom. As soon as I hear or get a solution I'll post it here.
    03-03-2011 10:09 AM
    Same here. Please keep us posted. This sucks.
    03-06-2011 07:54 AM
    Talked to Motorola tech support. What a waste of time. They are useless. I hope the engineers figure this out. It is a major issue for me. If you have this issue, please call motorola so they log the problem. I am guessing that it is going to take some loud screaming to get this resolved.
    03-08-2011 06:24 PM
    If you haven't tried it lately it has been fixed. Checking some other forums the problem was the imap string being sent from godaddy. Seems they made a fix to correct the issue. Have fun using godaddy imap with the xoom.
    arahouston likes this.
    03-25-2011 11:10 PM
    Confirmed. It now works.
    03-27-2011 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD