Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GoDaddy IMAP email on Xoom don't work!

GoDaddy POP email works, and yahoo IMAP email works fine with the native email application. I don't want to have to use a 3rd part app like K-9 if I can help it.

I'm following the exact GoDaddy IMAP settings I have in my Droid Incredible (using K-9, as it turns out).

Any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this issue should still be addressed, but I did move on. The native email program didn't seem to have a way to change the outgoing email account of an email that was being composed. No bueno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default imap/xoom issue

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Motorola/Verizon and GoDaddy this past Saturday and Motorola finally acknowledged there was an issue and they have escalated the issue to a senior tech that is supposed to address the issue and get back to me today. As soon as I get a resolution I'll try to post it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I'm having the same problem. All my other accounts work just fine using IMAP but my GoDaddy account is an issue. I setup K9 to test to see if it was a GoDaddy problem in my GoDaddy account but using K9 I was able to send and receive my IMAP email. There's obviously a bug someware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So erickers....you were able to get K9 to work? I was not but maybe I should go back and try it again.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I had issues with both K9 and maildrod. K9 was having issues connecting to my outgoing server and maildroid was not displaying anything when I opened a message.

Kinda sad for me because I really want the IMAP IDLE ability. This is not supported by the native app. I figure it will get resolved and currently and chalking it up to a growing pain.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally installed K9 on the Xoom, and it works perfectly. I can't wait until they have a K9 app specifically for tablets.

In either case, here are the tech stats I use:

Incoming:

Username: (full email address)
    Password: (whatever you use)

imap.secureserver.net
    Security: None
    Port: 143

smtpout.secureserver.net
    Security: None
    Port: 80

...and then here is a link to an IMAP page from GoDaddy: Setting up Your Email Address with IMAP - Search the Go Daddy Help Center

Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I got K9 to work just fine using my CDMA connection. If you use a wi-fi connection, your outgoing mail server may be dependent on if your ISP allows relays. The settings that IAMJAD used were correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the K9 interface looks terrible as it wasn't designed yet for a tablet but it does work.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K9 words for me regardless of connection. CDMA or Wifi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to use "Improved Email". It crashes a lot, but it allows me to use GoDaddy IMAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default imap

I was also able to get K9 working. I have been dealing with the folks at Motorola all week and they are telling me they hope to have a resolution to me on Friday. K9 works but agree it looks terrible on the Xoom. As soon as I hear or get a solution I'll post it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. Please keep us posted. This sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talked to Motorola tech support. What a waste of time. They are useless. I hope the engineers figure this out. It is a major issue for me. If you have this issue, please call motorola so they log the problem. I am guessing that it is going to take some loud screaming to get this resolved.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you haven't tried it lately it has been fixed. Checking some other forums the problem was the imap string being sent from godaddy. Seems they made a fix to correct the issue. Have fun using godaddy imap with the xoom.
    arahouston likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed. It now works.