I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Motorola/Verizon and GoDaddy this past Saturday and Motorola finally acknowledged there was an issue and they have escalated the issue to a senior tech that is supposed to address the issue and get back to me today. As soon as I get a resolution I'll try to post it here.
Yea, I'm having the same problem. All my other accounts work just fine using IMAP but my GoDaddy account is an issue. I setup K9 to test to see if it was a GoDaddy problem in my GoDaddy account but using K9 I was able to send and receive my IMAP email. There's obviously a bug someware.
Yes, I got K9 to work just fine using my CDMA connection. If you use a wi-fi connection, your outgoing mail server may be dependent on if your ISP allows relays. The settings that IAMJAD used were correct.
I was also able to get K9 working. I have been dealing with the folks at Motorola all week and they are telling me they hope to have a resolution to me on Friday. K9 works but agree it looks terrible on the Xoom. As soon as I hear or get a solution I'll post it here.
Talked to Motorola tech support. What a waste of time. They are useless. I hope the engineers figure this out. It is a major issue for me. If you have this issue, please call motorola so they log the problem. I am guessing that it is going to take some loud screaming to get this resolved.
If you haven't tried it lately it has been fixed. Checking some other forums the problem was the imap string being sent from godaddy. Seems they made a fix to correct the issue. Have fun using godaddy imap with the xoom.