Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Wifi Issue - Obtaining IP Address

@sheepy: I was looking for a work around when my android tablet had stop working with DHCP.So I was setting static IP.It works for me as well!

If anyone confused how to get the ip + gateway + DNS setting then its not hard.If you have another computer within same net work just run ipconfig(windows) and it should give you all the information you need to set your static ip for your android device.

Good luck.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazi.ahsan View Post
    If anyone confused how to get the ip + gateway + DNS setting then its not hard.If you have another computer within same net work just run ipconfig(windows)
    ifconfig (linux)

I am have the same issue trying to figure put my prefix length number. The default has (24) as well. Here is my info:

IP address 67.181.250.112
    Subnet mask 255.255.252.0
    Gateway 67.181.248.1
    DNS 75.75.75.75
    DNS 75.75.76.76

Can anyone please help me?!? I appreciate any help I can get!

I too have Android "Obtaining IP address" problem. It seems the only fix is to reset your router every time your device won't get on. I have replaced perfectly good routers and modems as per "Tech Support" directions and it only works for a while then its back. Even the update for tablet specifically for "Wi Fi connect issue" only worked for a while. I believe the update only cleared the memory of the router for a while. Oh! Yeah! When the tablet won't work, I just drive to some other wi fi spot, connect, and go back home and it will then get on. Never turning off between other wi fi and back home.
    It seems there is a router problem but only with android, all other wireless devices work all the time.
    Here is what I'm going to do. I'm placing a timer on the circuit that powers the router to shut down during the night time and power back up in the morning. Sounds stupid but that is what you do when you reset a router.
    Until android owns up to its problem and fixes their issue.
    Frustrated!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

For whatever it is worth- I replaced the firmware on my WRT-54G with Tomato Toastman several months ago. After I did that, I never had a problem again. Plus, the router never reboots anymore. Plus it has a million nice options. I highly recommend it.

Everything you need to do is to type 192.168.1.1 inside the address bar in your favourite internet browser and push enter. It usually is to your advantage to utilize a browser with complete help for world wide web requirements (for example Firefox) to get the best end results. You'll certainly be taken up to what exactly is fundamentally the application which drives your own computer network unit. . Below you may make modifications to configuration settings, set your account information, and set up your networking unit as you think fit.

As it is the situation with any computer system setting, it usually is beneficial for you either to create a whole copy of your own options prior to change them or record the defaults for each and every setting up that you simply alter. One or two inappropriate configuration settings when establishing the computer network unit and you may remove your internet connection.

If some thing really does go awry when editing and enhancing your networking unit via , there's commonly a hardware reset key on the rear of the piece of equipment which could fix most of the controls on their manufacturing defaults.

Angry Re: Wifi Issue - Obtaining IP Address

Hi My Name Is Myron Edwards and I have been talking to about I dont know how many people, and no one can seem to figure out how to obtain this I.p. address for the samsung infuse and It's beginning to make me wonder about this phone again,how is it they can create something that works and have so hard of a time figureing out

"It gives them all the info they need"

Yes, but the static ip address of the other computer that they see, has to be changed to whatever the Xoom's static ip address is when they type it in the Xoom.

Had the same problem, Was really enjoying my S4 until this happened! Not sure why but this worked for me:- Enter the password to your WiFi, even if it 'fails to obtain IP' then connect to another WiFi at work or a neighbours. switch off your router - turn it back on and without turning off or disconnecting from the current WiFi try connecting to your own, it worked for me, mine picked it up automatically. Not sure how long it'll last though!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12