- 03-28-2011, 04:17 AM #26
New wifi only Xoom owner here.
Thanks for the tips guys - very helpful. I liked the volume one.
Question: Is there "caps lock"? How do I capitalize a whole word or sentence even? I'm hoping it's not a two-handed push shift and type. I can't figure it out.
**update** I'm a dork..figured it out. I had tried pressing shift twice, but I wasn't "double clicking" it fast.
Last edited by quiverskeep; 03-28-2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: dork-related errorPhone - Storm 1 to Droid X to Thunderbolt and REALLY lovin'it
Tab - Returned the Xoom, now LOVING my Sammy 10.1
- 03-28-2011, 05:47 AM #27
- 03-28-2011, 08:17 AM #28
- 03-28-2011, 10:23 AM #29
- 03-29-2011, 11:40 AM #30
- 100 Posts
Some Tips & Tricks:
* How To Take Screenshot -
* How To Make Movies On Xoom -
* How To Root WiFi Xoom -
* How To Unlock 3G & WiFi Xoom -
* How To Tether iPhone To Xoom - http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...data-xoom.html
* How To Tether From Android Phone via Bluetooth - http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...-required.html
* How To Tether From Droid To Xoom via Bluetooth -
* How To Tether From Fascinate To Xoom -
* How To Get TV.com App To Work -
* How To Rip DVD to Xoom -
* How To Make Phone App use Full Screen -
* How To Do Factory Reset -
* How To Get Zinio Magazine -
Other Tips & Tricks:
* Handbrake Xoom Profile -
* Xoom Size Wallpaper -
* Prep Your Xoom Before Sending In For 4G Upgrade -
* Android Central Xoom Tips & Tricks - http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...formation.html
* XDA Developers -
* Android File Transfer Tool For Mac Users -
* Motorola Xoom Warranty Information -
* Motorola Xoom Product Registration -
* Motorola Xoom Optimized Video Setting -
* Motorola Xoom Product Support Site -
* Motorola USB PC Drivers -
* Xoom FAQ -
* iFixIt Xoom Teardown -
Motorola Xoom Apps List:
* XDA Forum -
* Xoom Forum -
* Amazon Free App Of The Day -
Motorola Xoom Reviews (WiFi & 3G):
* Mobile Tech Review by KNguyenTu -
* Android Central Compiled Review - http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...s-reviews.html
* Video Review By Feverhost @ Xoom Forum -
YouTube Xoom Review / Comparison / Info:
* PC Mag Comparison iPad 2 vs Xoom -
* Wirefly Xoom Unboxing -
* Cnet Browser Speed Comparison iPad vs Xoom -
* IGN Xoom Review -
Tablet Warranty Information -
Out Of Warranty Information:
Motorola offers several convenient repair programs for Out-of-Warranty repair at a fee:
$369 plus applicable taxes
Battery Only Replacement
$99 plus applicable taxes
Lens Only Replacement *
$199 plus applicable taxes
* The Lens Only Replacement covers damage to the display (such as a crack) and the LCD is not damaged. If there is damage to both the lens and the LCD the full Out-of-Warranty fee will apply.
COOL HoneyComb / Xoom Optimized Apps
Note: I am not going to list all the Apps optimized, but only cool apps I would use and would like to share.
Featured Tablet Optimized Apps -
News / Weathers:
* Newrs -
* CNN -
* USA TODAY -
* Weatherbug -
* Beautiful Widget -
* Zinio E-Magazine Reader -
Graphics / Drawing / Photography:
* DrawFree -
* zFolio (Zenfolio) -
* FlickFolio (Flickr) -
* PicFolio (Picasa) -
* SmugFolio (SmugSmug) -
Video / Music / Media:
* TV Live Stream -
* Movies (Flixster) -
* Quick Office HD -
Last edited by codered18; 03-31-2011 at 12:33 PM.
- 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM #31
- 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM #32
- 6 Posts
Brand new wifi-only owner. It is very different from my Incredible. First noob question.
How the track do I remove widgets and shortcuts from my screens??
My blood pressure is skyrockting. You would think that there would be some sort of tutorial at the Motorola site. The videos I find there all only play for a bit and then freeze. Only way to close is the back key. The little 'x' to close is not functional.
- 04-05-2011, 08:26 AM #34
If you are using your tablet in landscape mode, you only get to select ~5 apps to switch between. However, if you you tap the multitask button when in portrait mode you get a few extra (7).
- 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM #35
- 04-06-2011, 12:46 PM #36
- 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM #37
- 04-07-2011, 01:21 PM #38
- 04-07-2011, 02:01 PM #39
- 04-10-2011, 09:30 PM #40
- 04-14-2011, 10:57 AM #41
- 26 Posts
- 04-14-2011, 07:17 PM #42
- 04-19-2011, 07:42 AM #43
- 04-19-2011, 10:37 AM #44
- 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM #45
I didn't see this listed here, but if you open your application drawer and tap and hold an application you can quickly get to the app management page by dragging the icon to the “i” with the circle around it in the upper right hand corner. From here you can force close the app.
Also you can uninstall the app too.
Last edited by Complex Pants; 04-25-2011 at 10:45 PM.
- 05-18-2011, 10:38 PM #46
- 4 Posts
Does anyone know what the little white rectangular LED is on the upper right corner (with Motorola logo in upper left)? I'm not talking about the LED that indicates the unit is charging. It is off most of the time and flashes very slowly occasionally for some unknown reason. It seemed to happen around the time the honeycomb OS was upgraded to 3.1. It's now gone as mysteriously as it came.
- 05-19-2011, 10:42 AM #47
- 05-19-2011, 10:58 AM #48
- 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM #49
- 05-20-2011, 02:35 PM #50