Motorola Xoom Hints/Tricks/Tips/Information...

ljewlove

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
So I found a way to remove the notication bar, but I cant re-add it. Whoops!
To fix your notification bar click on the time in the bottom right corner, then click on the time again when it pops up, a notification bar will pop up and you can change the notifications to on.

I had the same problem and it took me awhile to fix it lol.

Sport6

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figure out if you can add the volume to the settings notification popup? I have seen it in the preview pictures and videos but its not here now.. It would be really useful as its kind of a pain to press the button with the gel case on.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I didn't see this listed here, but if you open your application drawer and tap and hold an application you can quickly get to the app management page by dragging the icon to the “i” with the circle around it in the upper right hand corner. From here you can force close the app.

Also you can uninstall the app too.

Last edited:

pitt

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the little white rectangular LED is on the upper right corner (with Motorola logo in upper left)? I'm not talking about the LED that indicates the unit is charging. It is off most of the time and flashes very slowly occasionally for some unknown reason. It seemed to happen around the time the honeycomb OS was upgraded to 3.1. It's now gone as mysteriously as it came.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app for SMS with the xoom wifi? If not is some good reason why not? Thanks
syncsms does a pretty good job of syncing your android phone's sms with the xoom. I've also seen a version of google voice for the xoom here on the forums.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
In the last few weeks my Xoom's stock browser had slowed to an absolute crawl and I saw more and more lag in screen transitions and the keyboard. The 3.2 update had helped a little, but the lag was getting pretty terrible.

I stubbled upon a fix tonight: clear your browser data entirely, not just the cache. I swear my Xoom is the fastest I've ever seen it now. No lag in screen transitions, the keyboard doesn't stutter, widgets scroll fluidly, etc. You will lose your bookmarks if you do this, but if you sync with Chrome, you can get them back.

If you've never done this, try it. It makes a world of difference.

deezus

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am giving my xoom to a friend and I want to erase all my data and return xoom to default settings. How do I do this?

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
"Nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure."

You need to perform a reset - it will erase your data and return it factory settings:

Apps > Settings Privacy > Factory data reset > Check the 'Erase USB storage' box to erase all stored content > Touch reset tablet and follow the instructions on the screen to complete.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see this listed here, but if you open your application drawer and tap and hold an application you can quickly get to the app management page by dragging the icon to the ?i? with the circle around it in the upper right hand corner. From here you can force close the app.

Also you can uninstall the app too.
This is a great tip - thanks!

laollis

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
In the last few weeks my Xoom's stock browser had slowed to an absolute crawl and I saw more and more lag in screen transitions and the keyboard. The 3.2 update had helped a little, but the lag was getting pretty terrible.

I stubbled upon a fix tonight: clear your browser data entirely, not just the cache. I swear my Xoom is the fastest I've ever seen it now. No lag in screen transitions, the keyboard doesn't stutter, widgets scroll fluidly, etc. You will lose your bookmarks if you do this, but if you sync with Chrome, you can get them back.

If you've never done this, try it. It makes a world of difference.

Where do I find how to clear the history and cache? I looked in settings and couldn't find it there.

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only done this by accident and would like to more often but don't know how...my open screens will do a 3d rotate. Would love to know how I've done this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2