1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hope Incipio makes a case for the Xoom..

Have one on my Droid X its by far the best case I have ever owned.

what case do you have for your X?
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox

Me too. I have the Incipio on my iPad and my wifes iPhone, top notch case thats for sure.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I have one on my Zune HD, it's great.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    what case do you have for your X?
    Incipio case.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Incipio is making several cases for the Xoom. Here is the message i was sent when i inquired;

"Hello Chris,

Thank you for your inquiry. We plan to provide the Leather Kickstand and SILICYRILIC cases for the Motorola Xoom near the end of April. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Enjoy your day,
    Alisha S.

Customer Service Team
    Incipio Technologies
    800-733-0088
    "

Your welcome
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DroidNinja View Post
    Incipio is making several cases for the Xoom. Here is the message i was sent when i inquired;

"Hello Chris,

Thank you for your inquiry. We plan to provide the Leather Kickstand and SILICYRILIC cases for the Motorola Xoom near the end of April. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns.

Enjoy your day,
    Alisha S.

Customer Service Team
    Incipio Technologies
    800-733-0088
    "

Your welcome
    Wow these cases look even better than the zoogue one!!!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Cases Now available only in 2 colors though

Thanked by 3:

ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 / CM#27

Quote Originally Posted by XzombieX66 View Post
    Cases Now available only in 2 colors though

The white/gray one looks nice AND it has a built-in kick stand. Too bad I already purchased the Motorola rubber case and Arkon stand. I'll have to consider shelling out another $50 for this guy. Great product for new Xoom owners without a case.

I've been waiting for this case since March ! I just ordered my gray premium kickstand and will let everyone know how it performs when it arrives.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Ordered mine as well! Should be here today or tonmorrow.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Got it! Overall im pleased with it.. a little bulkier than expected. I've mainly used a silicone cover. Looks good and works well. Im sure it will be getting dirty fast.. due to the color and fabric like material on the outside.

Fired from my DroidX using Tapatalk.
    Thanked by 2:
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,602 Global Posts

The shell case with built in kickstand looks awesome. Will be getting that one soon.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

can u get to the ports on the bottom? or do u need to take it out to charge
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

I got mine today and I will say it was totally worth the wait. But no you can't access the bottom port while the case is totally closed but you can open the cover, lay the device flat and you're good to charge.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVO:CM7, Xoom:Stock HC

Anyone try out the SILICRYLIC case yet? I'm very interested (in fact, I'm between this and waiting for the Otterbox).

The Incipio case is obviously cheaper, but the Otterbox looks like it has a better/beefier stand, and from what I understand, it's supposed to protect the screen during transport (thus alleviating the need for me to put my Xoom in a neoprene sleeve while transporting)...
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

the otterbox will not come with a screen proctector. so these two are the same Iwhat is holding me back is color choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusPigritae View Post
    Anyone try out the SILICRYLIC case yet? I'm very interested (in fact, I'm between this and waiting for the Otterbox).

The Incipio case is obviously cheaper, but the Otterbox looks like it has a better/beefier stand, and from what I understand, it's supposed to protect the screen during transport (thus alleviating the need for me to put my Xoom in a neoprene sleeve while transporting)...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    the otterbox will not come with a screen proctector. so these two are the same Iwhat is holding me back is color choices.
    Ah. OK. I read that wrong...the "Shield" is just the back part that is the stand...which you can remove if you want to.

Ultimately, though, the Otterbox looks like it will be a two-position stand (one for typing and one for viewing), so I still think I prefer it... I guess I'll just keep transporting my Xoom around in the neoprene case.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM

Just got another tweet back from Otterbox about the Xoom case...and I'm VERY happy:

The detachable front cover is the polycarb cover that converts into a stand...iPad & PlayBook also hv similar
    So, I went over to the iPad page and watched the detailed video:

As it tuns out, there IS a front polycarb screen cover that you can use while transporting that converts into a dock.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Just ordered the black /grey silicrylic case
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

OtterBox (OtterBox)

@moosc well, that elusive unicorn will be captured before the end of the month. (Don't tell Voldemort)

1:19 PM May 17th via TweetDeck
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Just got my silicrylic case and its very very nice pics soon.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Darn thing doesn't work with the stock, non-HD stand. Bummer. It looks nice and is functional, but now I'm back to using the annoying power cable instead of the stand. When the Incipio site suggests the plugs/ports are fully accessible, I would put an asterisk there.
    Jumped into Android completely with a Droid 2 Global and a Xoom and I'm enjoying the ride!