Bluetooth Keyboard (read on)

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought a webtop kit for my new Atrix (still waiting for it to ship from ATT, bought 2 days ago) and it includes a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I synced up my keyboard to my Xoom, OMG what an amazing piece of hardware now. You have no idea what possibilities that alone has opened up.

My Xoom is now used as my laptop replacement.

If someone can figure out how to use a mouse on the Xoom, everything else will be extinct!

Happy Xooming!

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the Keyboard verizon sells and it is nice and thin. I find I don't use it as much when I am home, but at work I think I would use it more. So tomorrow I will bring it in.

ScottAtlanta82

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the Keyboard verizon sells and it is nice and thin. I find I don't use it as much when I am home, but at work I think I would use it more. So tomorrow I will bring it in.

I know I could find this out simply by going into the store, but is their BT keyboard worth the money? Is it a hard keyboard or one of those rollup ones? I'm considering getting one on my way home this evening ;)

Hardcore73

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hard keyboard

It is worth every penny. Going to return my dock for the high definition dock so I can have hdmi from the station to a big screen TV.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Over lunch tomorrow, Im going to pick one up for use while Im at work. This thing just keeps getting more and more awsome!

ScottAtlanta82

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So not to bring up an old thread, but has anyone been able to use a mouse with their Xoom? Not a huge deal, but would certainly be amazing. I just bought the BT keyboard yesterday, and love it even more!!!

bartman8888

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in a 'mouse' app too. My co-worker is running Citrix desktop on his iPad with his iTouch as a mouse, and I would love to trump his config with my XOOM.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried the apple bluetooth keyboard with the xoom. im waiting ofr the wifi xoom, and that silver and white mac keyboard would look awesome with a silver-backed xoom.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya i would think you would need a program to add the cursor. And it would either have to be program specific or like some mentioned added in from google. Like with other touch screen computers were the cursor follows your finger when you are using it. You don't have a cursor so you would not know what you are selecting...

derekw68

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In response about apple keyboard, yes it works. It works great but you do not ave all of the custums keys working. The music player keys on the apple do work. I have had the Xoom a week and any keyboard makes this thing nice.

Reactions: ravizzle

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
has anyone tried the apple bluetooth keyboard with the xoom. im waiting ofr the wifi xoom, and that silver and white mac keyboard would look awesome with a silver-backed xoom.

This works, but the DELETE key sometimes acts as DELETE, sometimes as BACKSPACE. I found it to be inconsistent so I bought the MOTOROLA keyboard.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This keyboard is awesome, I will get a lot of use out of this. Beatstyoing on the regular keyboard. Nice job Motorola now get us a mouse.
i think it is a feature needed in honeycomb so its on google to get it for us. I know froyo/gingerbread allows bt mouse input.

also will usb keyboards work? (if i get an adapter from usb to micro usb)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2