Xoom--will Ipad 2 announcement have an effect?

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
if your going to buy the 3g version of the ipad your obv. going to get the data plan

otherwise what's the point of getting it??

at the end of the day its all the same thing ..like i said the price isnt the problem its the lack of a wifi only model

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
hearing more about the ipad 2 now... i'm more pleased with my device.

i thought MAYBE if they did something great with their OS and optimized it mainly for tablets then it'd make me consider even going to a store to mess with one.

as it stands now... my opinion of the ipad is the same as it was when it was released... meh, no thanks to a big iphone.

xoom has a community that supports the device too and it's unlocked... apple locks it down and ensures everything it optimized for it and doesn't let you do anything with it.

it's a clear choice for me, android tablets (xoom or what have you) but i wouldn't buy a big iphone. (this coming from a person who used to own the iphone 4)

JRogers1978

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
as much as i hate to say it, moto needs to do some price adjusting. been watching the ipad2 event. its a nicely speced tablet at a good price being released this month. apple is on top of the tablet market.

Completely I agree. I hate Apple, mainly because they're arrogant and think they create the best devices in the world and that competitors copy everything they do, but, I'm really impressed by the announcement. I have a xoom and while I really like it, I must admit I'm a little underwhelmed by it. I still can't get over the fact that I shelled out $800 for it and I can do so much more with my laptop. If it was less than I wouldn't mind but seriously Moto, drop the price already! With iPad 2 coming out in 9 days if they don't they'll fail miserably.

Plus, as everyone mentioned, it feels rushed. As much as I love Android and the openness of it, I'm contemplating bringing it back. It honestly doesn't do much more, at the moment, than my OG Droid.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Typical apple device launch. Typical improvements seems to be on par with xoom. Not regretting my xoom purchase in the slightest. Xoom is a powerful multitaking device the ipad is still a toy.

watchout4d

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I hate to say it, but Motos $800 price tag is hurting.

Their price is Ridiculous. I am so pissed about their lack of options I am considering a ipad2 and I am a die hard android fan, I would not touch an iPhone.

motorola made a mistake aligning themselves with Verizon, and offering no options. Now Apple has dual core and front and rear cameras, still 499.00.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...edited post after I realized that.

I want the 3g/4g version, but I don't want the data plan for 2 years...I only need it on a monthly basis when I'm traveling and such for work (3-4 times a year)

your best combo, ditch the Data Plan and Wifi or/and Bluetooth Tether-

xoom-tether-600x399.jpg

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
had my iphone for a year...only used 6gb of data and I never have wifi on with it

1gb/month is plenty IMO

1GB might be plenty for the iphone when your not really doing much, but once you get around with the XOOM, there is alot of DATA hogging. Youtube HQ and Online Game Play just to name a few-

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So once again, the iPad is a giant iPod touch. I have an iPod touch so I would lose portability and gain a small amount of screen real estate (960x640 vs. 1024x768) by getting an iPad.

Honeycomb is why I bought the Xoom. Honeycomb, although in its infancy with some bugs that need to be worked out and an app catalog that needs to grow, is excellent. You can actually take advantage of the screen real estate, imagine that!

Actually having open an app to see the weather, news, latest emails, meetings, etc... on a large screen is such a waste. There is no reason that type of information can't be displayed at a quick glance. Oh wait, it is on my Xoom!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie