ipad 2 vs xoom n movies on xoom

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys trying to decide which way to go. I pad2 or xoom. I bought the xoom and like it quite a bit. I know I pad 2 will be just as powerful and have more apps..

I would also like to be able to watch movies on my tablet.
So for productivity web email movies and gaming which is the better way to go?

Can I watch movies on my xoom

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I can say that I've put many movies on my wife's ipad. It's very easy to do with handbrake and itunes and the media player on the ipad is much better than that on the xoom (although the xoom has other players as options). The Xoom should be able to play a full 720p movie due to the fact that it is widescreen and higher resolution than the ipad, but some have complained of poor colors from the Xoom and a lack of sharpness depsite the resolution. Go to a verizon store and look at both products playing movies and see which you like better. Also ipad has netflix and hulu. xoom does not, if that matters to you (it does to me).

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey pnico, to answer your question, the Xoom will be capable of playing videos, actually there are a few people who have installed the Rockplayer app on theirs and stated that it works fine. If you have an Android phone, and are able to play videos on it, in due time, the Xoom will have the same features using the same apps which will be created to work exclusively on Android tablets. It's just that the developers had only received the SDK, software which they use to build apps, days before the Xoom hit the market, so they are at work as we speak, creating the apps for the device. I believe that people went out and purchased the device not doing their homework and expected everything to be setup from the beginning like it is most of the time with Apple devices. My question to you would be, are you willing to wait for the Xoom to be up to snuff in about 5-6 months or longer or are you ready to get cracking right out the gate? If it's the latter, and you don't mind how the iPad performs or how it's locked down, I say trade in your Xoom and get an iPad2 if all you are going to be doing is (web email, movies and gaming). This is just my opinion.

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I think if you want a toy, get the ipad. If you want a mix of a laptop, desktop, media player that eventualy you will be able to do just about anything a PC will do, get the xoom.

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think im going to stick with my xoom.
I like apples app availability but I like androids flexibility and customization..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos