WiFi-only Xoom priced at $539 at Sam's Club

mordbane

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm a member at both and the odd thing is that they never sell the exact same stuff. Usually slightly different models. So no surprise that only one will get the WIFI only version. Might be time to hand down my iPad. Sams is owned by Sam Walmart so maybe all the Walmart stores will get it.

Sent from my grubby hand

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
BGR dude on CNN stated $600 the other morning so I'd probably bank on that. However, Sams is a pay for use place like Costco and their prices are usually less than retail stores.

For example, the Tab is $100 less off contract than anywhere else.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Why are you even still on this board?

Why does it concern you??

As far as I know you don't have to own the device to be a member here. Honestly the opinion of a long standing memer with 100`s of posts means a lot more to myself than someone coming here and questioning the right of someone else to be here.

Reactions: georges326

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the reason the price on this is so much lower (as pointed out by many), is because at the $800 price point you're really paying for a future 4G radio, which is much more expensive (I think) than a 3G one. That's why I am staying away from the 3G/4G model. I am looking for WiFi only, no contract. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't feel like I was paying up front for a future upgrade that I'll never get.

Here's to the WiFi-only version coming out soon!

Calidude#AC

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I need to buy one for a relative and I keep waiting for the Wifi one. I don't know why this is taking so long to roll out, especially at the same time as the iPad comes out.

android_nc

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sams Club is a members only but you can order stuff online as well, so even if you don't have a store near you, the $40 membership fee would probably provide some savings, even on a purchase of the Xoom...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think the reason the price on this is so much lower (as pointed out by many), is because at the $800 price point you're really paying for a future 4G radio, which is much more expensive (I think) than a 3G one.

That sounds good in theory but doesn't make good sense though. If that was really the case shouldn't all 4G phones be more expensive than the 3G ones? I'm pretty sure the HTC Thunderbolt and Bionic will come in at the same price point as the Droid X and Incredible when they were first released. So just saying that the 4G radio makes it 300 bucks more expensive just isn't justification.

rkklinke

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Costco already carries the Xoom, but not the wifi only version obviously. I wouldn't doubt they will get it at some point.

Yes they do, picked up mine yesterday, just received my American Express Costco rewards check on Wed and bought the Xoom yesterday. It did not cover the entire cost but about 40% of it.

After sitting on last years rewards check for 6 months and using it on crap for around the house and junk food, I thought I would put it to better use this year.

I was happy to see they had 11 in stock where all Best Buy's in my area are out. It was a wopp'n $10 cheaper at Costco. $789 10 bucks is still 10 bucks.

Unknown User

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
If the $530 price is true I'm definitely holding out for the wifi version vs. buying the 3G/$G LTE version now. After speding time with the demo version at my local VZW I like all the featues of the device, but just don't see the justification of locking myself in a contract for it. So I'll wait a little bit longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance