Im so sad/angry I want to cry

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I kept getting a bunch of force closes playing gun bros today and didn't think anything of it. Also, I got a failed to send error report message due to not enough space. I still had 5 GBs left. I figured it needed to be powered off to reset. When it came back up, it asked for a password/pin.... I NEVER set one. After research, I found out I couldn't do anything but hard reset. (Reset to Factory) So I did it.... and it is still, MOTHER F'ing STILL asking for a password/PIN. I have already lost all my data and now I can't even get into STILL. I want to throw it out a window but at the same time I'm so sad that I have lost everything on it, I want to cry. Of course I should have backed up, but I hadn't even gotten to that point where I felt I needed a back up. That is until I found out you lose all the preloaded apps and music on the Xoom.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I kept getting a bunch of force closes playing gun bros today and didn't think anything of it. Also, I got a failed to send error report message due to not enough space. I still had 5 GBs left. I figured it needed to be powered off to reset. When it came back up, it asked for a password/pin.... I NEVER set one. After research, I found out I couldn't do anything but hard reset. (Reset to Factory) So I did it.... and it is still, MOTHER F'ing STILL asking for a password/PIN. I have already lost all my data and now I can't even get into STILL. I want to throw it out a window but at the same time I'm so sad that I have lost everything on it, I want to cry. Of course I should have backed up, but I hadn't even gotten to that point where I felt I needed a back up. That is until I found out you lose all the preloaded apps and music on the Xoom.

sorry to hear that , so you are left locked out,, you said you never set up a pin, maybe its something generic like all zeros

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi 916ninja, sorry to hear what you are going through with your Xoom. I currently don't own one yet(will be getting mine in about a month), however, I do own an Android phone and have been doing alot of research. What I can tell ya is that most of the apps that work on an Android phone, don't work on the Xoom yet. If this game was one that you possibly used on and Android phone, it might not have been ported over to the Xoom yet. Now if it is an app that was preinstalled on the Xoom, it should work, therefore, what I would do if I were you is to take the device back to where you purchased it and ask for a new one because you might just have a defected unit.

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I dont think you will lose your apps, I bought one from BB on release day and put tons of apps on it. That night i ordered one with the 25% off discount. I got it yesterday, booted it up, synced it to my same google acct as my other xoom, and BAM all my apps were put on the new xoom.

radsaq

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to minimize your problem, but what data are you worried about losing? Only Gun Bros and Dungeon Defenders came preloaded, right? But Gun Bros is free and DD is only $5 and you have to pay to upgrade it anyway (as far as I could tell). Sure, you've probably lost progress you made in those and any other games, but that's replaceable. :)

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a few videos that were sentimental on it. Granted the video camera isn't the best, but when it's all you have at that second you don't care. The progress in my games is annoying when you spend time on something to have it disappear really sucks. It was late and I also had my router go out on me last night, so internet was sporadic too. It just wasn't my night.

I ended up calling Motorola tech support and they told me to take it in this morning to best buy for an exchange. Of course the first store said they were out, so they sent me 30 minutes away. I called to double and triple check stock and they said they had some in stock for walk ins. When I got there they said they were all for pre orders... I got a little upset that I wasted even more time, and the guy there was kind of a jack mass. I told him I was going to return it, but since the first store told me to go out this way, I said I would return it there. I worked at Best Buy many years ago, but I'm sure they still don't like having to do a return on something for over $1000. His story then changed and he exchanged mine. Why? IDK, but I am just glad I got mine exchanged.

Thefredelement, I held down the power button until it asked me if I wanted to shut down. If you are referring to how I reset to factory, I used the posted instructions from Motorola.

And for those curious, I did not try to root or unlock or crack or anything. I am perfectly happy with the xoom now as it is. I have no real reason to mess with it now. The nice thing is apparently, the xoom was the reference device for Honeycomb. In theory, that means as updates come out, they will perform at least decently. (Fingers crossed) I did get the Best Buy Black tie uber insurance where I can break the thing and get a new one.... I wonder if they check for bootloader unlocking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton