SMS app for Xoom????

sodomojo#AC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have some family that has iPod touches and they text from them. They got a number for them and they text right from them with no plan obviously since its an iPod touch. I can't believe you can't text from the Xoom. Anyway to to do this?

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I've also thought about this as well but haven't put too much thought into since Google talk works, but I would like to use my SMS as well.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Google voice app isn't available for the Xoom. You can access your Google Voice account via the web. I just created a bookmark for it on my desktop.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
He's a modified Google Voice that I'm using and it works fine.

Direct link to the APK download post--> xda-developers - View Single Post - I got Google Voice working.

Original thread can be found here--> I got Google Voice working. - xda-developers

Just make sure you go into SETTINGS-->APPLICATIONS and I believe there's a MANAGE APPLICATIONS and check the box that allows you to load from unknown sources.

I just emailed it to myself and then clicked INSTALL on the attachment in the GMAIL app on the Xoom.

birdie

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
SMS

I use Text Free on my Ipod. The Amazon market has the app which I downloaded to the Xoom. I have to log out of the Ipod before I can use it on the Xoom. I haven't tried it yet but do know how well it works on the Ipod. I tried getting it from the Android marketplace but it wouldn't allow. If you can get this app installed, it is fabulous and FREE.

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
^ they'll be sent to your Google Voice account, and every device that's tied to the Google Voice account will get the message.

That sucks. They required me to put a phone number in and that is the only one I have. Kind of annoying to get them both.

Tesler32

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey do you have to do anything special to send text message with this version of google voice. I get a FC as soon as I long click a person and select send text message.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
SyncSMS is great if you don't want to use an outside service like google voice....this will send and receive sms with ure original cell #

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife has Text Plus on her iPad, and I went with Google Voice on my Xoom. I didn't think to look for Text Plus on the Amazon App Market, but I'll definitely check it out.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. I purchased the APP. How does it know what my mobile number on my phone is?

I haven't bought the app yet but I think I am going to shortly. If I understand it right it doesn't need to know what your phone number is because you put the app on the phone and your Xoom and it uses dropbox's sync to transfer the messages over. So you get a txt on your phone this app sees it transfers it into your drop box account which means that the next time the app on your Xoom checks that folder it sees the new txt and pulls it down. When you send a txt it does the same thing in the opposite direction and the uses the SMS app on your phone to send it. If I am mistaken please some one correct me but that is how I understand it to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm