Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default First Verizon Bill: $64?

    So I just received an email notification of my bill from Verizon, and it's for $63.91. I can't yet access my account to see where this magic number comes from as I've yet to receive my snail-mailed password I requested them to send, but all the same, I'm a bit irked by the fact the $20/monthly data plan I purchased's first bill is over triple that.

    This happen to anyone else?
  2. #2  
    Auzo's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default

    unfortunately you have to add a bit more to it. So $20 for first month + 2 days prorated data used (at least for me the month starts on Feb 26) + $35 activation fee + taxes.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    I totally forgot about the activation fee. They never even mentioned it during the purchase. At least that adds up, though, what with tax and all. Thanks!
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    I totally forgot about the activation fee. They never even mentioned it during the purchase. At least that adds up, though, what with tax and all. Thanks!
    Call Verizon wireless and ask them to waive the activation fee and they probably will.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  5. #5  

    Default

    That's one issue I have with the Xoom. They charge a stupid activation fee every time you activate data. The way people use tablets, using data one month and not the next, Verizon needs to move beyond treating it as a phone.
  6. #6  
    AJMetal87's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Its associated with a number,hence the act fee plus month in advance plus randomly generated bill cycle proration
  7. #7  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    and with taxes they tax the hell out of you
  8. #8  

    Default

    The activation fee does seem to be arbitrary and completely unnecessary. Consider:

    -- Costco charges the $35 activation fee but then rebates it

    -- Best Buy says they will charge the $35 activation fee, but may choose to waive it.

    In my case, I purchased my Xoom at Best Buy without a data plan, and a week later decided I wanted the $20/month 1GB plan. I went back to Best Buy and asked if I would earn Reward Points on the activation fee or if it was a Verizon charge would I not be eligible, and the guy said he wasn't even going to charge me the fee. I didn't question why, as he just saved me $35.

    Yes, he had to access my existing Verizon Wireless account and obtain a new phone number to assign to the Xoom, but if Best Buy can access the Verizon network and do it for no cost, why can't Verizon itself???
  9. #9  

    Default

    I was able to get my activation fee. Give em a call and see what they can do.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
    That's one issue I have with the Xoom. They charge a stupid activation fee every time you activate data. The way people use tablets, using data one month and not the next, Verizon needs to move beyond treating it as a phone.
    thats actually not true.. the activation fee is only a one time charge. the verizon guy explained to me very clearly that once you pay the fee once, you dont have to pay it again whenever you decide to start, stop and restart your monthly data plan again.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haggard891 View Post
    thats actually not true.. the activation fee is only a one time charge. the verizon guy explained to me very clearly that once you pay the fee once, you dont have to pay it again whenever you decide to start, stop and restart your monthly data plan again.
    Then there seems to be some confusion among Verizon store employees because they told me that if I start and stop and then restart a data plan that I'll be charged $35 for each re-activation. I spoke with a Motorola rep at Best Buy and he said the same thing.

    It doesn't make any sense though, so perhaps they have eliminated this stupid fee and word hasn't made it to every store.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
    Then there seems to be some confusion among Verizon store employees because they told me that if I start and stop and then restart a data plan that I'll be charged $35 for each re-activation. I spoke with a Motorola rep at Best Buy and he said the same thing.

    It doesn't make any sense though, so perhaps they have eliminated this stupid fee and word hasn't made it to every store.
    I just posted something similar int he "Do you have a data plan" thread. There's a game of "CSR Roulette" out there, with lots of agents giving lots of different information. I searched the Verizon Wireless site but couldn't find their policy on this. I sure hope it's updated on their site by the time LTE is active!
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    I just posted something similar int he "Do you have a data plan" thread. There's a game of "CSR Roulette" out there, with lots of agents giving lots of different information. I searched the Verizon Wireless site but couldn't find their policy on this. I sure hope it's updated on their site by the time LTE is active!
    If you cancel the data plan then re-activate it, there will be another activation fee charged. If you suspend the data plan then restart it, there is no re-activation fee charged. There is an option on the VZW site for suspending service.
    Thanked by:
    Drew2u 
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    If you cancel the data plan then re-activate it, there will be another activation fee charged. If you suspend the data plan then restart it, there is no re-activation fee charged. There is an option on the VZW site for suspending service.
    Cool ... I'll look for the suspend link on Verizon's site. Before you're post I'd never heard "suspend" was even an option!
  15. #15  
    habanero's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    ROM
    Still stock

    Default MyVerizon Texted Password

    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    So I just received an email notification of my bill from Verizon, and it's for $63.91. I can't yet access my account to see where this magic number comes from as I've yet to receive my snail-mailed password I requested them to send, but all the same, I'm a bit irked by the fact the $20/monthly data plan I purchased's first bill is over triple that.

    This happen to anyone else?
    Yes, I posted in another thread. I could not get logged onto the MyVerizon site because the the text issue. I got tired of calling Verizon and going through the labyrinth to get my data usage. I had it for five days, couldn't wait to see if another mailed password would work. I took it back to Costco before the 14 day limit passed.
  16. #16  

    Default

    I called customer service and was able to get the activation fee waived. Give em a call and just be nice to the rep on the phne

    LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]
  17. #17  

    Default

    I called and raised hell and the women told me that she would only refund it after my 14 day return expired...
  18. #18  

    Default

    Once you get the bill, take it to the nearest Verizon store. They will waive the 35$ fee.

    Also, if you purchase accessories, you may get a pretty sweet deal (i did).
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    So I just received an email notification of my bill from Verizon, and it's for $63.91. I can't yet access my account to see where this magic number comes from as I've yet to receive my snail-mailed password I requested them to send, but all the same, I'm a bit irked by the fact the $20/monthly data plan I purchased's first bill is over triple that.

    This happen to anyone else?
    35 activation fee 1 month in advance at the 20 rate and a prorated bill for this month whatever that may be plus tax. Sounds bout right if ya ask me.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    Cool ... I'll look for the suspend link on Verizon's site. Before you're post I'd never heard "suspend" was even an option!
    Be careful as I know if you suspend your phone with verizon then their is a 15 dollar reco fee but I am not 100 percent sure about how they handle the Xoom,.
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angermeans View Post
    Be careful as I know if you suspend your phone with verizon then their is a 15 dollar reco fee but I am not 100 percent sure about how they handle the Xoom,.
    Thanks, I hadn't heard that. Hopefully a self-service option at VZW will include full disclosure of all terms and fees if I elect to suspend!
  22. #22  

    Default man that's messed up

    Verizon will get you coming and going.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Anytime your suspend your services online at Myverizon, you will not be charged the $15 suspension fee. That fee is applied if you call into Customer Service. Activations fee are a one time fee per account, unless you disconnect and open a new line of service, hence another activation fee for a new account.
  24. #24  
    lmc05's Avatar

    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

    Default

    Verizon is definitely one of those companies that likes to nickel and dime you as often as they can. Super frustrating

Posting Permissions