Another Blu-Ray Ripping Question

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
When I get my Xoom, I'm going to want some of my Blu-Rays on it. Unfortunately, the only Blu-Ray player I have is a standalone Panasonic... no external drive. It has ethernet, but not USB. Is there any way to use it as an external drive for my computer?

If not, I should buy a drive for my PC. How easy is it to bypass DRM to backup my Blu-Rays? I would like to start using copies instead of my originals so that I never have to worry about scratches...

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that you cant use players as an external drive for your PC.

If I am right you are looking at a ~$100 proposition to rip blue rays.

Drive for PC = $50
Amazon.com: LITE-ON 4x Blu-ray Disc SATA Internal Optical Drive iHOS104: Electronics

Software to Rip and convert BluRays = $49
Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper - Rip/convert Blu-ray/DVD to AVI/MKV/MPG?€?

I've looked around quite a bit for other options but this is really the cheapest way to go. There is another program called AnyDVD HD which is by far the best at Ripping (quickly updated with latest protection schemes) but its substantially more expensive as well as it doesn't do any conversion so you would need another program to take the raw files and convert/compress them to something your Xoom could understand.

Reactions: cr3amy

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't do any conversion so you would need another program to take the raw files and convert/compress them to something your Xoom could understand.

And HandBrake can handle whatever AnyDVD HD spits out? I already have a HandBrake preset ready, based on another thread.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
With AnyDVD you can spit it out as an .iso or just the format of the BluRay. I have used the program and love it. I have lifetime updates but I know they do not offer that anymore and they update if very frequently to get around the new protections on Blu Ray.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek