Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iTunes Music and Video

Can somebody give me a simple, easy solution to get my iTunes Music and Videos ported over to the Xoom?

Items Needed:

1. Getting already purchased music and video from iTunes into the Xoom.
    2. Where do most people get videos for the Xoom?
    3. I keep reading about the Xoom, and the processors inability to play HD video, can somebody explain this in more detail, and is there a solution?

Thanks in Advance.

Most music sold on iTunes no longer has DRM, so its just a matter of using something like Doubletwist or iSync to transfer your music and playlists onto the Xoom.

Video sold on iTunes is a lot more complicated. Most of that has DRM and you have to remove it somehow or the videos wont play on the Xoom. A lot of people use Noteburner ($40-$50) with success. It's legal to use it on content you have purchased.

If you own a DVD collection, you can use handbrake(free) to rip the DVD for playback on your device, but you'll have to tinker with the settings. There are other posts here where users have had success.

use iSyncr then get the iSyncr wifi if you want to be able to sync over wifi...works great for me

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

I too am looking for a conversion method specifically for audio books from apple's format. I tried talking to apple no help. I tried talking to audible who provides the content they say talk to apple who says talk to audible..... Anyone have any suggestions?

Bottom line, there is no *simple* way to get purchased iTunes content onto the Xoom (with the exception of music that doesn't have DRM).

Anything else (like video, audiobooks)will require conversion/re-encoding using purchased third party programs. You'll have to do this each time you buy something on iTunes that you want to watch on a Xoom.

If you are expecting it to function like an iPad where you just plug it in to your computer and iTunes content simply transfers over--you're in for a lot of frustration.

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

I know I annotated hoping for that. I have left all iOS devices behind removed iTunes from my desktop computer and now just looking to clean up the last of the traces behind. Any suggestions on an encoder to break aac and make it mp3?
    KJ

Default Re: iTunes Music and Video

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNGAETANO View Post
    Can somebody give me a simple, easy solution to get my iTunes Music and Videos ported over to the Xoom?

Items Needed:

1. Getting already purchased music and video from iTunes into the Xoom.
    2. Where do most people get videos for the Xoom?
    3. I keep reading about the Xoom, and the processors inability to play HD video, can somebody explain this in more detail, and is there a solution?

Thanks in Advance.
    Doubletwist is a decent app for syncing your iTunes music library with an Android device. So is Google Music. Don't know about video...

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

I went through the same thing with the audio books the answer is there is no answer. I've tried a couple different conversion programs and got nothing. So if you do find an answered please let the rest of us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vudumedic View Post
    I know I annotated hoping for that. I have left all iOS devices behind removed iTunes from my desktop computer and now just looking to clean up the last of the traces behind. Any suggestions on an encoder to break aac and make it mp3?
    There is no reason to convert non-DRM AAC (m4a), as the xoom will play AAC files just fine. What you need is to convert the files to remove DRM from protected AAC file (m4p). For that, Noteburner mentioned before also has an application to re-encode DRM AAC files. You can get the video and music program in a bundle, but I have had a lot of problems with video conversion using it--the audio track for the videos had issues unless I used mono encoding rather than stereo. The music conversion program, however, worked great... it appears as a CD burner to iTunes and you just "burn" your music to that and Noteburner creates MP3 or AAC files without DRM.

Just search for the album file on ur CPU, then drag and drop. Or Google music I have over 3000 songs on Google music