Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Default Great Accessory/Pad Pivot

I just saw this over at XDA. What a great idea. I made my $25 donation

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ipadtablet-or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=985443
    Thanked by 2:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Bad link…
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    Bad link
    Fixed the link
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Very nice! Looks legit. Based outta Seattle too so it's gotta be good.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Watched the video. I'm in. Just pledged. Can't wait.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    Watched the video. I'm in. Just pledged. Can't wait.
    It really is a great idea. I cannot wait to get one.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,720 Global Posts

That looks like a great product. Thanks for sharing.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Pledged. Not bad for $25.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Just pledged.

Hopefully its as good as it looks!

OK, you got me too... never heard of Kickstarter, but this looks like a winning product. This will probably retail for more than $25, but even if it doesn't, I should end up with a decent and versatile stand!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

I like that it works as a stand on flat surfaces too. And I agree about it retailing for more than $25, especially on how overpriced (IMO) tablet accessories are.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

Thanks for the info! I pledged and hopefully this becomes a great success for them.
    I have heard of kickstarter, but haven't really checked it out until now.
    This looks like it will be great for my Xoom!

I just put my pledge in. I expect this to retail for about 50.00 each.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Backed. Almost did the 250$, but I decided against it as I need to save up for my new computer...I only NEED the stand anyways.

looks like a very nice stand. I like how compact they made it for traveling. something like this i wont need the portfolio case any more.

thanks for the headsss up.

If you get the hard case with the xoom it does this already. Landscape only though Didn't realize it till a couple of days after the purchase and I saw a photo of how it works.
    The one advantage of this is it can be used in portrait or landscape mode.

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    The one advantage of this is it can be used in portrait or landscape mode.
    And that it can be used with almost any device you have now or will get in the future...

ROM
    OMFGB Nighlies

Quote Originally Posted by cr3amy View Post
    And that it can be used with almost any device you have now or will get in the future...
    And that it is easily usable tethered to your leg. I'm in for a $35 pledge.

Looks very cool! I ordered 2.

I did order, but there's something I don't like... It uses Amazon payment system, which is perfect, as I used my Amazon credentials to complete the payment. However, it's not until after that you see a message: "If funded, Jim Young will send you a message to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, etc.)" It's supposed to be funded 3/14, but this makes it sound like "if" ... does this mean I'm out my money?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    I did order, but there's something I don't like... It uses Amazon payment system, which is perfect, as I used my Amazon credentials to complete the payment. However, it's not until after that you see a message: "If funded, Jim Young will send you a message to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, etc.)" It's supposed to be funded 3/14, but this makes it sound like "if" ... does this mean I'm out my money?
    It looks like it's already well over their goal amount for funding. Their goal was $10,000 and there has been over $150,000 pledged already so these WILL be made and shipped out. I think the "if" wording is in there in case they don't reach their goal amount. I also did wonder though that if they didn't reach their goal, where does the pledge money go.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drew2u View Post
    If you go through the FAQ's on the website it will explain it. They do not charge your credit card until the project is funded. If a project does not get funding by a certain date your card is never charged. It is a all or nothing deal. This project has received well over the amount it needed so it has already been funded but it will not be official until the deadline date which I think is 4 days away.