Xoom vs. Pad question

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I currently own a iPad and use iTunes to download my tv shows/recent movies to watch on the pad when working extra jobs. I use iTunes because it's easy, fast and it works. Now I'm in the market for a new pad of sort since my 2 year old has basically taken mine. So how, where can I rent movies, download current tv series episodes for a zoom? I'm not interested in red box-rip then copy (process is to long) to do what I can do from iTunes. Money is an issue but so is time when I use the pad.

daiden

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Chances are, the iPad will give you the multimedia options you need. The Xoom is fantastic, and can do many things the iPad cannot, but when it comes to a comparison strictly between viewable media (whether it be Netflix, iTunes content, etc), the iPad has the edge.

You'll probably get mixed feedback, seeing as this is a Xoom message board, but I hope this helped. :)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a iPad and use iTunes to download my tv shows/recent movies to watch on the pad when working extra jobs. I use iTunes because it's easy, fast and it works. Now I'm in the market for a new pad of sort since my 2 year old has basically taken mine. So how, where can I rent movies, download current tv series episodes for a zoom? I'm not interested in red box-rip then copy (process is to long) to do what I can do from iTunes. Money is an issue but so is time when I use the pad.

As a Ipad user and a person who has used/owned the Xoom, I recommend you stick with a Ipad. The Ipad 2 is coming out Friday as you probably already know.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I personally think I-Tunes is one of the worst pieces of software ever released. It is actually the only thing I hate about all of the IOS devices - the fact that they are all in fact tethered to your PC via ITunes. To answer your Q -- you may have to wait a bit until we see services like Netflix, Hulu etc...

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are talking currently, iTunes is the only one stop shop for all your entertainment needs without having to convert etc. Soon though Google will be launching these same services through their market, they have already launched their book store and their video, music is not to far behind...but again...if you are looking for something right now....go with iPad if you do not want to deal with any converting and all.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking currently, iTunes is the only one stop shop for all your entertainment needs without having to convert etc. Soon though Google will be launching these same services through their market, they have already launched their book store and their video, music is not to far behind...but again...if you are looking for something right now....go with iPad if you do not want to deal with any converting and all.

Amazon...? Music Yes, Videos Yes, Apps... O hey there they started that too.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Amazon...? Music Yes, Videos Yes, Apps... O hey there they started that too.

Yes, you can download music directly onto the Xoom using Amazon's MP3 program but as far as I know you can't get their videos onto it yet. If you know of a way do get the video's directly onto it, please share as I would love to watch a few VOD's I have on Amazon.

I think he stated that he wanted to download his shows directly onto it.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As a Ipad user and a person who has used/owned the Xoom, I recommend you stick with a Ipad. The Ipad 2 is coming out Friday as you probably already know.

Just Curious how you came to this opinion. I have a Xoom and really like it, but it always seems that Android will be second fiddle to Apple in app development, even though I know the Xoom will improve.. I'm not a fan of iOS, but I can't deny the app difference.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
You can get DRM protected iTunes purchases on the Xoom, but it requires third party software that you'd have to purchase. In any case, its not a simple process at this point even with this software.

Stick with the iPad until Google or someone releases a video store for Android devices.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just Curious how you came to this opinion. I have a Xoom and really like it, but it always seems that Android will be second fiddle to Apple in app development, even though I know the Xoom will improve.. I'm not a fan of iOS, but I can't deny the app difference.

I was just offering advice to the original poster based on his description of what he does and what he wants.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante