Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Default Where the hell is FLASH, damnit?

Where is it?
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

They are busy releasing flash to html5 and new versions of desktop software rather than showing a tiny percentage of us that have 3.0 any love.

Flash Gordon
    Flash Thompson
    The Flash

Check the comic book rack. As for Flash for Android they haven't released it yet. They said it would be out in March but they did not give us a specific date so its not late yet.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Coming, jeez...
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:
    p08757 
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Relax. Enjoy the time without the junk flash pop ups.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    Where is it?
    Keep your pants on. It will come and it will be awsome. Till then take a chill pill.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ATM

Adobe made it a point to say two weeks. I appreciate your advice on my demeanor. Just sucks to have this awesome device that can't even do what my phone does already.
    Thanked by 2:

Sooo.... ten days is now two weeks???

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox

I love drama ... now if only we had a hundred more people show up and post at the same time, we'd have not only drama, but also a flash mob.

Maybe in the next few days?

Quit complaining you bought it knowing it didn't have flash so deal with it till it releases

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG1488 View Post
    Quit complaining you bought it knowing it didn't have flash so deal with it till it releases
    I didn't know

so adobe released something today right? will xoom flash come soon after?

Wow people. He just asked where it is, where's this hostility coming from?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Wow people. He just asked where it is, where's this hostility coming from?
    Seriously...

I'm pissed about this too ...honestly IMO the xoom should of never been released b4 the whole flash/4g/SD card issue

While I can cut them some slack for the flash and 4g I see no reason why the SD card isn't working...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,322 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am not missing Flash and am not in a hurry for them to release it either. Please Adobe take your time and make sure that when Flash is released for the Xoom it is completely optimized and will provide the best user experience. I do not want Flash for the sake of having it.

So wait and be patient and hope that the longer it takes the more complete and better your experience will be.

Since it is only the 9th why are people complaining, we have just under 3/4th of the month to go. Calm down, sorry you can't play Farmville or get into your Pogo account. Soon enough you will be able to.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Who wants it? I hate flash. And you know that none of the things you would actually want flash for will work. Hulu...

I say more video playing apps, and fewer annoying flash popups.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,720 Global Posts

I want Flash because I have a Flash based application that controls my entire through my Control4 system. Once this can run Flash, I can run the GUI to control my audio, video, lights, security, etc...

Not having the annoying pop-ups on this site has been nice. Once Flash is out we'll have to deal with those again =(

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    I want Flash because I have a Flash based application that controls my entire through my Control4 system. Once this can run Flash, I can run the GUI to control my audio, video, lights, security, etc...

Not having the annoying pop-ups on this site has been nice. Once Flash is out we'll have to deal with those again =(
    Maybe not. Adobe just released a version of flash with preferences. I believe you can set it to only load certain flash sites you choose. For me that would only be hulu and espn.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Flesh Gordon
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Flash Gordon
    Flash Thompson
    The Flash

Check the comic book rack. As for Flash for Android they haven't released it yet. They said it would be out in March but they did not give us a specific date so its not late yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bworley50 View Post
    Adobe made it a point to say two weeks. I appreciate your advice on my demeanor. Just sucks to have this awesome device that can't even do what my phone does already.
    The specific post I saw from the Adobe Blog said "within a few weeks of Honeycomb (Android 3.0) devices becoming availalbe", That is not the same as 2 weeks. In fact, "a few" is relative to the person speaking. If I were talking about the billions of stars in the universe and said only a few of them supported life, that could mean 5 million, which is "a few" in relation to the total number of stars.

A few weeks is not 2, it is not 5.... it is a few. There is a reason companies use "a few" and "soon".

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Frankly I could do without flash, what I want is the damn SD Slot to work!

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts

Agree - I'd take SD over flash. Using the ipad for the past year I really don't use much flash. If and when it arrives hopefully its "SMOOTH".

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droiddude View Post
    The specific post I saw from the Adobe Blog said "within a few weeks of Honeycomb (Android 3.0) devices becoming availalbe", That is not the same as 2 weeks. In fact, "a few" is relative to the person speaking. If I were talking about the billions of stars in the universe and said only a few of them supported life, that could mean 5 million, which is "a few" in relation to the total number of stars.

A few weeks is not 2, it is not 5.... it is a few. There is a reason companies use "a few" and "soon".
    So what you're saying is...in Adobe's universe, there's billions of weeks so they could possibly mean 5 million weeks...do you think its exactly 5 or could it be 4 million?

I need to know because I'm writing a letter to the future and putting it in a time capsule and it starts with "Greetings Earthlings of the future, by now I'm sure you're enjoying Flash on Honeycomb, and for that, I envy you."

Loving the drama. Looks like I got my flash mob after all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast