XOOM Sales?

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I did a quick google search and was wondering how the XOOM has sold so far. I've heard no announcements.

Anyone know?

Have friends that know?

Have multiple personalities that could tell you?

Has a dog that knows?

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL! I'm sure more than 100 sold nationally!

I would however, love to see actual sales announcement... I'm curious as well.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Motorola's CEO said that sales have done "relatively well."

Given that CEOs usually overstate sales numbers, I can't imagine the Xoom's doing that stellar. Oh well, their fault releasing the first version at $800. Can't say we didn't warn them.

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Something tells me that if they had crazy good numbers, they'd be boasting and bragging about it TOUGH. And "relatively well" doesn't sound real confident to me.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I know a local Best Buy manager. She said that initially there was interest in the Xoom "from the Android crowd". But once the iPad 2 rumors hit, Xoom sales dropped to a trickle. And after the March 2, iPad 2 launch no tablets are selling.

If you have a Best Buy near you ask them.

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Bought my Xoom last Thursday 3/3 from Best Buy. It was the first one they sold at that store. BTW, the Xoom is so full of major WIN!

KPHTH

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the Best Buys near me sold all but one. The next Best Buy closest to me was sold out. However, I don't know how many Xooms they each stocked. Verizon store also claimed sales were good. All this was pre-iPad2 announcements. I'm thoroughly happy with my Xoom and I'm eagerly awaiting more apps (sling player, netflix, logmein, quick or open office).

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
One of the Best Buys near me sold all but one. The next Best Buy closest to me was sold out. However, I don't know how many Xooms they each stocked. Verizon store also claimed sales were good. All this was pre-iPad2 announcements. I'm thoroughly happy with my Xoom and I'm eagerly awaiting more apps (sling player, netflix, logmein, quick or open office).

Same here, I went to 4 different bestbuy's in my area and all but one store was sold out. The store that had one....well only had one left which is what I got. They said that interest was very high and people were coming in all day looking at the floor model ones.