Xoom Crash?

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have their xoom crash and restart? I have been using my xoom non-stop since the release date. This has happened to me twice, the first time I thought I accidently forced a restart with the vol up and pwr button. The second time it happened I was using the video editing app that came with the xoom.

Maybe my xoom is faulty?

-kesnik

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have never used the video editor app so I don't know if that may be the problem but I have been using my Xoom non stop with no restarts. I get force closes here and there but no reboots.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't a faulty app just force close?

-Kesnik

It really depends, if there's a memory leak though it could force the whole thing to restart. Or if it was a bug in some code accessing some hardware on the Xoom, I could see that doing it as well.

If there was an error in the code I think it would usually just FC.

Reactions: PsYcHoNeWb

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It really depends, if there's a memory leak though it could force the whole thing to restart. Or if it was a bug in some code accessing some hardware on the Xoom, I could see that doing it as well.

If there was an error in the code I think it would usually just FC.

+1 to this. If you use a task manager like I do my Xoom (I know, bad of me) that shows how much memory you have available everytime you run the task manager the memory slowly decreases. Eventually the device will reboot to regain its memory.

paintballer9876

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Once while browsing the web, but I can't say it was a full restart since it didn't turn off but more went into the honeycomb animation and won't get out of it. A hard power off and a minute or 2 later it was back up and running with no issues since.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen my Xoom crash and restart on its own, but three times since I've owned it I've had to do a forced restart by holding down volume-up plus the power button. I can't recall what apps were being used at the time, but know at a minimum it was Pulse, the stock browser, and TweetCaster.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I would not worry about it quite yet. My Xoom has done a force restart I think at least once. Were I have had to do the whole vol up bottom and power a few times. I know at least a few of those times I was running software that has not been updated to run on 3.0.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance